O Dear God! This Is A Hard Website To Navigate!!!

A place for rescues to chat about rescue work, animals, transports etc.
mpsegall

O Dear God! This Is A Hard Website To Navigate!!!

Post by mpsegall » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:27 pm

Someone help me!!! I can't contact the website administrator. I don't even know if one exists.

I can't figure out how to mark a posting as "done" - the instructions aren't helpful.

I'd love to make more use of this incredible organization, but it's just unweildy.

Someone please help me!!!!

Marylin in Salt Lake

admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: O Dear God! This Is A Hard Website To Navigate!!!

Post by admin » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:58 pm

mpsegall wrote:Someone help me!!! I can't contact the website administrator. I don't even know if one exists.
I can't figure out how to mark a posting as "done" - the instructions aren't helpful.
I'd love to make more use of this incredible organization, but it's just unweildy.
Someone please help me!!!!

Marylin in Salt Lake
Don't panic Marylin :D Every forum board is different and it does take some time and trial and error to figure out how to navigate through any of them. Many of us are used to yahoogroups, just post and reply, but this is a working forum board and it is set up the best way possible for what we are doing. You can always private message the forum administrator and we will get the message. You can do that via a link on your profile page under your user control panel (link for that is on the top left of every page under the Board Index. On the right hand top of the page is a FAQ link....this has a wealth of information and answers to many of your questions.

Here is how to edit your post to done, delete, or whatever you prefer.
1. Log in to the forum board
2. Go to your initial post under the Animals Needing Transport section of the board and open that post.
3. On the right hand upper side you will see a word that says "edit", an x for delete, etc. Click on Edit.
4. You can then change your subject line to read "Done" and I will move it to the Done section. The subject line only allows for so many letters so if what you have written previously is long, just delete enough of it to be able to write "Done" Subject line really only needs to have the city, state and zip codes in it when you make your first post.

Not hard, really, it's just a matter of getting used to it....you can do it, I know you can, and if you have other questions email me at [email protected] That email address is under "Contact Us" on the homepage of the website, www.pilotsnpaws.com

Hope this is helpful to all!~

Debi

mpsegall

Post by mpsegall » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:03 pm

Thanks, Debi! If I can delete my previous postings, I'll consider this a success! Marylin

bfrey
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by bfrey » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:24 pm

Hi Marylin, welcome to PnP!

You don't want to delete any transports from the board. Since PnP is a 501(c)(3), the only record that a transport is complete is by having either Debi or one of the other admins move it to the "Done" section.

On the (unlikely) chance that the IRS would want to crack down on anything, the pilot needs to have the transport listed here so that they have proof their donation is for a legit cause.

Welcome to the group!

-Brent F.
Chicago, IL