Transport from Alabama to Shreveport, LA

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
Paulnlilly
Zip Code: 36066
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: 1A9
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Transport from Alabama to Shreveport, LA

Post by Paulnlilly » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:12 pm

Yes, I will have to let you know a def date. We are flying a Dalmatian down to central Florida as soon as the weather clears some and that may be Saturday. Would Sunday or Monday work? We were hoping to get the Florida girl down there today :(
Pilot just outside Montgomery, AL, avid animal lovers with 4 rescue dogs and 4 rescue cats, including a 30 pound ragdoll. You can follow Frankie's weight-loss and catch glimpses of our other animals on Frankie's facebook page, FRANKIE THE 30 lb cat.

sjhene

Post by sjhene » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:19 pm

Yes Sunday or Monday will work I believe! Just let me know and I will confirm with the shelter. Thank you.

Huskyman
Zip Code: 78501
Airport identifier: KMFE
Distance willing to fly one way: 250

Post by Huskyman » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:03 pm

There's another dog needing to go from N. AL to S. Tx. I have volunteered for the S. Tx part of the route and we have another who volunteered for the LA portion. Any chance you could do a 2fer?

See July 2 post Adopted:Puppy Needs a Ride Home; LA-SE/TX filled!
From TUSCALOOSA, AL(35404) To MCALLEN, TX(78504)

Jim Taylor
McAllen TX
Jim Taylor
KMFE (McAllen TX)
2 "Custom Blend" pups from San Antonio Pets Alive, one snagged from the euth list.
"Rescues Make The Best Pets!"

sjhene

Post by sjhene » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:19 pm

Jim, I assume you are asking the pilot this question, right? I am the person trying to transport the dog from AL to Shreveport.

Paulnlilly

Post by Paulnlilly » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:24 pm

Hi Jim, we will be taking this hound dog on Monday probably and hopefully they will be bringing her or him (?) to the Shelby Co. Airport just S. of Birmingham. If you could get the puppy there, we could certainly take it as well ;)
Pilot just outside Montgomery, AL, avid animal lovers with 4 rescue dogs and 4 rescue cats, including a 30 pound ragdoll. You can follow Frankie's weight-loss and catch glimpses of our other animals on Frankie's facebook page, FRANKIE THE 30 lb cat.

sjhene

Post by sjhene » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:54 pm

I've contacted the shelter director about Monday, and will let you know as soon as I hear back.

sjhene

Post by sjhene » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:47 pm

Paul and Lilly, the temp foster in Shreveport backed out moments ago. Someone is coming to pick up Trace in Shreveport on Friday. Is there any way we could delay your trip until then (a week from today)? If not, I have a Plan B that I'm checking into. This is so stressful. I need to get Trace out of AL! Thank you again.

sjhene

Post by sjhene » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:19 pm

Hi again! My plan B is available on Monday! So we are set, if you can still fly. I believe you're delivering a dog to Florida today, so if could contact me tomorrow, I'd appreciate it. I have to get the dog from Florence, AL to the Shelby Co airport, and then coordinate pick-up in Shreveport.

If you prefer to call me, my cell is 847.815.6396, or my email is [email protected]. Thank you! I'm very excited and relieved that this is close to working out.

Sonya

Paulnlilly

Post by Paulnlilly » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:57 pm

Hi Sonya, We have been slammed with torrential rains and don't know when we will be able to fly. We still need to get this pup to Tallahassee and don't have a def date for that because of weather. It looks like now we can only get as far as Jackson, MS, we have had to push so many things back this last few days. Let me know if that would work and I am so sorry for having to back out of doing the whole trip. Lilly

sjhene

Post by sjhene » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:00 pm

Lilly, I will inform everyone of the delay. We are so grateful that you're willing to help, so I'm sure it won't be a problem if there's a short delay. I will check back with you in a few days to see how it's going.

Sonya