Blind senior poodle Campbellsville KY (KAAS) to (KHTS)

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
tag1213
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Blind senior poodle Campbellsville KY (KAAS) to (KHTS)

Post by tag1213 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:57 am

Number of animals being transported: 1
Breeds, weight, age: toy poodle, 7lbs, senior
Health Condition: good
Heart worm Status: neg
Vaccinations: UTD
Health Certificate: yes
Spay/Neutered: yes
Special needs: Paulette is post operative and blind. She has had her staples out and cleared to fly. Paulette has been in foster care for 2 weeks.
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties: Anita Hunt, Foster Parent for Poodle Rescue of Vermont and Volunteer for Taylor county animal shelter.
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: Terri Gerard, President, Poodle Rescue of Vermont. 802 497 4144
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): http://www.poodlerescuevt.org and on Facebook Poodle Rescue of Vermont
Are you a 501c3: yes
Additional Info/situation: This is last leg we need filled. Paulette is going to Vermont. We have a Pilot that will meet you in Huntington and the rest of the legs are filled to VT. Monday June 15th. Any and all assistance is appreciated. Please call 802 497 4144 if you can help with this trip or post on the board. Thank you.

Poodle Rescue of Vermont was contacted by volunteers from the Taylor County Animal Shelter. Paulette was taken home by one of the volunteers to save her from certain euthanasia. Once we were contacted we had Paulette taken to the Vet immediately and the Vet agreed, if he had seen her at the shelter, he would have put her down. However, upon closer inspection, this little girl proved him wrong! She has a good strong heart, clear lungs and excellent blood work. PRVT paid to have Paulette spayed, large cyst removed from her neck and mammary tumors removed (all benign) and have a complete dental. Paulette's foster Mom reports that Paulette enjoys her walks, is getting stronger everyday and especially loves her foster Daddy. See? Poodles are a hardy breed and live a very long time. The seniors do not deserve to be dumped in a kill shelter. Will you help us bring Paulette home? Poodle Rescue of Vermont will find a senior human to cuddle her the rest of her days.
Attachments
anita and Paulette.jpg
Paulette and her foster Mom Anita
paulette2.jpg
Paulette after grooming and surgery
Paulette.jpg
How Paulette was found and brought to the shelter
Paulette.jpg (9.9 KiB) Viewed 253 times
Last edited by tag1213 on Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Miranda Allen
Transport Coordinator
Poodle Rescue of Vermont
678-205-9965 (cell)
www.poodlerescuevt.org

Desmoss

Re: Blind senior poodle Campbellsville KY (KAAS) to (KHTS)

Post by Desmoss » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:07 am

Hi, I may take this on Saturday, 7/13 if we can confirm the date works for the adjacent legs. Please respond with times and wishes.
Mike
[email protected]

tag1213

Post by tag1213 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:15 am

Hi Mike,
I will copy you on the private email between the other two pilots. Would you be able to overnight Paulette Saturday night if Sunday is the day Jeff can meet you? Look for the email on your yahoo.

Terri
Miranda Allen
Transport Coordinator
Poodle Rescue of Vermont
678-205-9965 (cell)
www.poodlerescuevt.org

Robin2013

Post by Robin2013 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:35 am

Hi,

Looks like you have this covered. Let me know. We may be able to help as well on Saturday.

Robin

tag1213

Post by tag1213 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:50 am

Thank you so much Robin. Taylor County Animal Shelter has 10 dogs slated for euthanasia this week, they need rescue and they need rides to rescue. When they called me about Paulette, and they told me their story, I told them to start using PnP to get dogs to rescue. They had no idea they could even do this and I walked them through the sign on to the PnP site and gave them the quick and dirty. The volunteers were flying out dogs within days.

Here is one of their first flights and the story of this shelter. If any pilots live in this area or know of others that will help them, please keep an eye out.

Thank you all for help us all save so many lives.

http://towncountrynews.com/2013/06/scru ... g-mission/

Sincerely,
Terri Gerard
President, Poodle Rescue of Vermont
802 497 4144
Miranda Allen
Transport Coordinator
Poodle Rescue of Vermont
678-205-9965 (cell)
www.poodlerescuevt.org