Chow from Salina KS to Berwick PA

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
luckyblondeinpa
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Chow from Salina KS to Berwick PA

Post by luckyblondeinpa » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:42 pm

Hello all! I am looking for assistance to bring a gorgeous mellow Chow from Salina KS to Berwick PA. I have been in contact with a pilot who would be willing to either pick the dog up and take him to Kansas City, or meet the rescue in KC and travel possibly to the Hannibal MO vicinity. She would be available the 14th, 15th or 23rd.

If anyone would be willing to help me bring this guy to his forever home I would be forever grateful. I understand this may take a few pilots and could be difficult to coordinate. I am also willing to drive if we could get within a reasonable distance for a days drive. I am willing to work with everyone to get this guy here!

I'm new to the site so I was not sure what all information is necessary to start so if I have left anything out please let me know.

Thank you for your time and your consideration!

Michelle
[email protected]

GetMeTherePlease

Re: Chow from Salina KS to Berwick PA

Post by GetMeTherePlease » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:35 pm

Hi Michelle
I am not a pilot but a ground transport coordinator. Are the dates listed for July or Aug??? I can assist in working around the pilot(S) with getting ground transport in place, but not until Mid August However in order to receive my help I would need to know if a Home Visit was completed and if the dog is travelling with a Health Certificate.

Cheryl
Roads of Hope
Animal Rescue Transport
[email protected]

sowens333
Zip Code: 66062
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KOJC

Post by sowens333 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:04 pm

Hi Michelle, I will be flying to Salina either August 5th or 12th, with two puppies. I could easily bring Shaq back to Kansas City with me, if you can set up transport from there.

luckyblondeinpa

Post by luckyblondeinpa » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:31 pm

The rescue is willing to drive to KC, said it's only a 3 hour trip. I do have some things loosley in line so far. If you can get the dog to IA, then your friend can take him to Chicago where another pilot will then take him to CT. I'm just waiting on the Chicago guy to let me know what day he was offering so I could get back to the the rest of the group. If the dates work it might actually go through.. that covers the whole route I think. I had another pilot contact me today but I'm waiting for him to get back to me with available dates and his location.

Thank you for keeping this going! I really appreciate all your help. This is going to take considerable coordination and I am just so grateful for everyone's concerns and willingness to help strangers! I noticed that in some reading here P&P will ship a crate to the pilot to use for the trip. Do you think it would be possible for us to get one? The rescue wanted to get him used to going in it before the trip. She thought that would be a good idea. Shaq is not altered and I have asked that they not do this before the trip. He may need entropian eye surgery so I thought it would be easier on him if I had that done when the neuter him. Less anesthesia, both simple procedures. Worse comes to worse I'll end up driving out there. But I am not looking forward to doing that.. lol

Thank you,
Michelle

luckyblondeinpa

Re: Chow from Salina KS to Berwick PA *update*

Post by luckyblondeinpa » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:19 pm

** Update **

I have a pilot willing to transport from Chicago to PA leaving this Sunday at 2-3pm. Still in need of transport from the KS vicinity to Chicago. If anyone is available we would certainly appreciate the help.

Thank you,
Michelle Lyons

luckyblondeinpa

COMPLETED ** Chow from Salina KS to Berwick PA

Post by luckyblondeinpa » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:52 am

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! I want to thank everyone from Pilots n Paws and ARF who helped bring my Samson from KS to PA. It was a long flight to plan out and make happen, but it all worked out. When I walked on that runway and saw my new pal standing there waiting for me it was love at first sight! This was a perfect example of paying it forward. Everyone involved has really touched my heart and given me so much kindness. It is truly something that I will never forget as long as I live :)

My son and I thank you! You guys rock!
Michelle Lyons

GetMeTherePlease

Post by GetMeTherePlease » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:00 am

Michelle
Glad that your pup made it home ;0)

Cheryl
Roads of Hope
Animal Rescue Transport
[email protected]