6 PUPPIES - JOPLIN MO TO DENVER CO

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
ericlevy

Re: 6 PUPPIES - JOPLIN MO TO DENVER CO

Post by ericlevy » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:43 pm

Thanks Jim! Wish you were in Denver... I think I am going to fly down to JLN and deliver to GPH and Sam is going to take from GPH to HYS. I will keep you posted if anything changes. We just need a nice Denver pilot for the 3rd leg.
Eric

ericlevy

Post by ericlevy » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:09 pm

Sybil, FYI, it sounds like next Mon, Tues, or Wed would work best for Sam and me. I would prefer Mon or Wed. Sam is not available this weekend and I am not available after next Wednesday. Would either of those days work for Denver pilots?
Thanks,
Eric

mountainpetrescue
Zip Code: 80482
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by mountainpetrescue » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:17 pm

So far, Sunday was only option for one, but I'm waiting/hoping to hear back from others.

jberry
Zip Code: 80111
Foster?: No

Post by jberry » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:03 pm

I am picking up 6 pups and Momma in Hays tomorrow AM and returning to Denver-KAPA. I could get these guys in Hays next week, but am available only Tue. or Thur. Let me know if that will help.

Jim Berry
RV-10

staylor4
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KGPH
Distance willing to fly one way: 50

Post by staylor4 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:16 pm

I can do Tuesday, July 16, for moving the puppies from GPH to Hys. Weather forecast looks good. It would be about a 2 hour flight for me if I bypass the cat in Mc Pherson. If I get the cat in Mc Pherson we'd need to add about 45 minutes to the flight. So, Eric, if you got the puppies to me by 0830 and I get airborne by 0900 I could be in Hays by 1100 Central Time, or by 1145 Central Time if the cat is part of the transport. Mr. Berry, would you be able to transport the six puppies and one small crate for a 12 pound cat? (See the post for Skippy Jon Jones.)
Sam

jberry
Zip Code: 80111

Post by jberry » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:21 pm

Sam,

Your plan for the pups would work for me, but I am severely allergic to cats. Sorry, but I would not be able to take the cat. Probably neither one of us would survive that flight.

Jim Berry

ritab64

Post by ritab64 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:20 pm

Hey everybody, I have a medium dog in McKinney TX and a pilot there that was willing to help get him to OK for me. Any chance my guy could jump on board with these pups somewhere?

mountainpetrescue
Zip Code: 80482

Post by mountainpetrescue » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:50 pm

Pilots:

There has been a change of plans. Our MPR puppies will not be ready to go by Tuesday... they have to clear quarantine which puts them on or after the 19th, but if everyone is able and willing to fly on Tuesday, there are 8 puppies in Buffalo MO that would like to fly to Mile High Labrador Retriever Mission. Only leg change would be Buffalo vs. Joplin. Would that work?!

And could anyone still help get our puppies here next weekend or following week?

Thanks.

Sybil

ericlevy

Post by ericlevy » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:52 pm

I can go to buffalo instead of Joplin. No problem. I will have to see if I van get an extra crate. Does everyone else have 3 crates? I think my leg would be the only thing to change then. Can they meet me at 7 am in buffalo? I willbe put of town quite a bit the next several weeks, but I can reach out to Ryan Westward to see if he could do one of the KC legs for the original 6 pups in the next week or two.

I will be on a tight schedule so a prompt departure no later than 7:15 from Buffalo would be much appreciated! Can you please send the buffalo contact info?

Regarding the Oklahoma to Denver dog someone asked about, is there any way to get it to Buffalo, MO?
Thanks!
Eric

ericlevy

Post by ericlevy » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:56 am

Fyi, for anyone tracking this mission, it has been changed to the following mission of picking up 8 puppies on Tuesday and transporting from buffalo, MO to Denver...

http://www.pilotsnpaws.org/forum/viewto ... 253#p81253

The mission of transporting these 6 puppies from Joplin to Denver will still need to be fulfilled when the pups are ready in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks,
Eric