DONE!!!! within 12 hours of posting-SLC - BURNS, OR

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
glacier

DONE!!!! within 12 hours of posting-SLC - BURNS, OR

Post by glacier » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:05 am

Two dogs being pulled from a high-kill gassing shelter at the eleventh hour. A sweet, senior Am. Eskimo boy needs a long term foster or forever home, and a Lab Mix female needs transport to Burns, Oregon. This all came about within a few hours on 7/15/09. If anyone is available on really short notice to fly either Th, Fri or Sat (7/16, 17 or 18), that would be super, but if not, we're open to any time. Thank you. Please email me directly: Lynn in Sun Valley, Idaho area. [email protected]
Last edited by glacier on Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

glacier

DONE!!! LAB MIX/ SALT LAKE CITY TO BURNS, OR

Post by glacier » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:46 pm

Thanks to the kind efforts of pilots Rich Clover of Evanston, Wy and Peter Rork of Jackson, Wy, this transport was completed this morning, Friday July 17, 2009. Rich and Peter both responded to me within a couple of hours of my emailing them, and said they would fly. These two furkids are now in their forever homes. The senior Am. Eskimo is now living with me and I named him Yukon. The Lab/Whippet mix is now at home in Burns, Oregon with Claire. From the time I found out about these dogs, to arrangements made to pull them from the shelter by Amara and get them in an overnight home with Christie, then picked up at 6:15am by Cathy in Layton, Utah, who then drove them to meet Rich, who then flew them to Sun Valley/Hailey, Id. Peter then flew from Jackson, Wy to Sun Valley and picked up the Lab mix and flew on to Oregon. This all happened in about 12 hours. What a team effort! Rich also got to see my Juno, who he flew from Denver to Ogden, back in February of this year. Juno has blossomed and is the most wonderful boy! I brought Juno to the airport with me. Yukon and he were little Angels in the car and have been since. Thanks again to Pilots N Paws for making this happen! Lynn in Sun Valley, Id