DONE: 1 adult, 4 puppies...FRIDAY, Aug. 30

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
lorene

DONE: 1 adult, 4 puppies...FRIDAY, Aug. 30

Post by lorene » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:35 pm

Number of animals being transported: 4
Breeds, weight, age: 1 lab mix adult: 65 lbs, 2 yrs. old; 3 lab mixpuppies: 15 lbs. each, 12 weeks old; 1 border collie mix puppy, 8 wks. old, 7 lbs.
Health Condition: good
Heart worm Status: Negative for adult; N/A for puppies
Vaccinations: age appropriate UTD
Health Certificate: Yes
Spay/Neutered: Yes
Special needs: The border collie puppy has only one eye, but no special needs for transport
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties: Homeward Bound Dog Rescue, South
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: Homeward Bound Dog Rescue
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): Lorene, [email protected]
Are you a 501c3: Rescue is a 501c3
Additional Info/situation: One pilot is confirmed to get the dogs into Charlottesville, VA. Afternoon help needed on Friday, Aug. 30. Will probably need 2 pilots/flight legs. Transfer point could be Frederick, MD, airports in PA or airports in NJ. Destination is Schenectady, NY. Albany, NY will work for destination as well.
Last edited by lorene on Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

danieldrennan
Zip Code: 14174
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KBQR
Distance willing to fly one way: 500

Re: 1 adult, 3 puppies...FRIDAY, Aug. 30

Post by danieldrennan » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:34 pm

I might be able to help with this one on Friday 8/30. What time is the other pilot planning to be at Charlottesville? Is this a mom and pups? (crated together?) What other airports are acceptable around Charlottesville? Dan Drennan

lorene

Post by lorene » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:33 am

Thank you for your kind consideration, Dan. The pups are sibblings. The adult dog is not related to the pups. The adult could ride tethered or crated. Would be best to crate the pups. They could be crated together, but probably all 3 won't fit in one crate unless it's a pretty large crate. The pilot bringing them in is base in Charlottesville. I could ask her about another airport. Where are you based.

All this being said, I MIGHT have a pilot for the middle leg. He wrote me directly, but it's not clear the timing will work for him. I should know by the end of today on that. He offered to fly from Charlottesville to Lancaster, PA if the timing works. As of the current plan the dog would be arriving in Charlottesville around 12:50 pm.

More soon.

lorene

Post by lorene » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:03 pm

Hi again, Dan. Turns out the other pilot who offered for the middle leg can fly it for sure, so it's covered through your area on Friday. Please continue to watch the ride board. There are some more puppies needing a ride that I will be posting for soon.

To other pilots watching this post....The adult dog, Maxwell Smart, and the 3 puppies have a ride now through to Lancaster, PA. Maxwell Smart and the 3 Pups (sounds like a rock band, doesn't it...LOL) still need help from Lancaster on to Schenectady, NY (or Albany). If we can get them into Newburgh, Poughkeepsie or other airports in the general area I can likely find a ground ride from there to Schenectady if that will help you logistically.

Please help them if you can.

Lorene

mmattie

Post by mmattie » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:58 pm

Free Friday eve. Can transport from Lancaster to KPOU.
Will need to workout timing.
Based koxc
Mark
203 804 1827

lorene

Post by lorene » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:51 pm

Thank you for your kind offer to help, Mark. The leg out of Lancaster filled this afternoon so it's covered now. Catch you another time.

Please watch the ride board for a new posting for some other puppies needing a ride. I should be getting that posted later tonight. Perhaps you could help them.

Lorene

danieldrennan
Zip Code: 14174
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KBQR
Distance willing to fly one way: 500

Post by danieldrennan » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:59 pm

OK thanks, I am based at Lancaster New York, near Buffalo. This would have been a long shot for me, but doable. I was actually hoping another pilot(s) could pick this up and use me as a last resort. It all worked out. Thanks again, Dan Drennan

LuvFlying

Post by LuvFlying » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:54 am

Hi Lorene,
Wanted to acknowledge your voice mail. I see that the last leg is covered. Excellent.
~Bob

lorene

Post by lorene » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:13 am

Thanks for acknowledging the v-mail, Bob! Catch you another time. I have another post up now for 5 puppies. Ready now. Date will be whenever people can fly.

lorene

Re: 1 adult, 4 puppies...FRIDAY, Aug. 30

Post by lorene » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:38 pm

This mission was completed on Friday, Aug. 30. Thanks to PNP pilots, Kay, Elliott and Dean for helping these dogs along their way.

Here's a photo of Coco, the adult dog, relaxing in Kay's Columbia 400 aircraft at 11,000 ft.
Coco2 at 11000 ft.jpg
Coco at 11,000 ft.
PNP mission 8-30-13 (5).jpeg
Coco after 1st leg
PNP mission 8-30-13.jpeg
Loading the puppies