URGENT! Must move Lab-x family by 8/30 KSDF-KLOT

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
ashencanimals

URGENT! Must move Lab-x family by 8/30 KSDF-KLOT

Post by ashencanimals » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:15 pm

Number of animals being transported: 11
Breeds, weight, age: Lab mixes. Mom (Coco) is 1-2 years old and weighs about 46 lbs. The 10 pups are now about 7.5 weeks old and 35 lbs combined weight (weights were taken 8/25/2013). As they are ALL gaining weight with the good nutrition at their temp foster home,
Health Condition: excellent
Heart worm Status: negative
Vaccinations: Mom has received Rabies & DHLPP in week of 8/5
Health Certificate: Yes. a copy will come with her.
Spay/Neutered: No, Mom will be spayed once pups are weaned and pups will be S/N when old enough
Special needs: no
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties Friends of Ashe County Animals/Ashe County Animal Control
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: Chicagoland Lab Rescue
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): Sheley Revis [email protected]
Are you a 501c3: FACA is a registered non-profit in NC with 501c3 paperwork ready to be submitted; CLR has submitted theirs and is waiting on 501c3 letter
Additional Info/situation: Coco and her family were surrendered to Ashe County AC by their owner on 7/31/2013. They were pulled from ACAC on 8/5/2013 and have been residing in a private home since then. Dates are flexible from MON 8/26/2013 through SAT 8/31/2013. We MUST move them from their foster home by FRI 8/31/2013

Coco has been FINE with the foster parents touching/handling her puppies. She has been VERY friendly with everyone she meets. Thank you!
Attachments
CocoPupsAshe.jpg
Coco & her 10 pups
Last edited by ashencanimals on Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ashencanimals

Re: Mom/10pups need ONLY DaytonOH-KLOT!!!;FLEXIBLE 8/26-31

Post by ashencanimals » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:56 am

I have a volunteer to fly this family from Ashe County NC up to Louisville but still need flight from there to Romeoville IL. We're hoping to move them on MON or TU.

Collomd

Re: URGENT! Must move Lab-x family by 8/30 KSDF-KLOT

Post by Collomd » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:36 am

Hmm, I am based out of KLOT, and just did my first PnP flight this weekend :)
I may be able to do this tomorrow (Tuesday) late afternoon (departing here around 2pm Central - arriving Louisville area around 4:15 central, 5:15 eastern or so)....

Since this is only my 2nd PnP flight, how are you transporting the mom/puppies? I am VFR only so weather is a concern, although we look good for tomorrow.
Also, heat is bit of a concern, it's supposed to be extremely warm here but should be cooling later in the day.

Thoughts?

Dave

ashencanimals

Post by ashencanimals » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:18 am

Hi Dave,

Thanks so much for your offer of help. I have asked the couple flying out of NC to "chime in" here about their arrival time to Louisville KY. They are tethering the Mom and placing the pups into 2 different crates.

Thank you! Sheley

Collomd

Post by Collomd » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:40 am

Also, does it need to be KSDF or will something like Bowman (KLOU) or Clark (KJVY) work? Those larger (Class C ) airports seem to be difficult hand off points ?

Thanks, Dave

ashencanimals

Post by ashencanimals » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:56 pm

HI Dave,

I am encouraging the other pilot to log on here but I think they're away from their computer. I just messaged them and it turns out they flew to their homebase and are flying back to Boone NC tomorrow so tomorrow will be out, unfortunately. Are you available another day this week? If so, it may be best to try to coordinate directly with John & Pam (the couple). Thank you!

Jfarthing
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by Jfarthing » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:06 pm

Hi Dave! Sorry Tuesday now won't work for us..after Wed we're flexible. Sure hope we can transport this family this week. My husband/pilot's cell # is 919-819-6311 if you'd like to coordinate another transport date. We might be out of cell range tonight but will be back on-line tomorrow a.m.
Thanks! Pam Farthing
John Farthing
N180BW T182T

Collomd

Post by Collomd » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:26 pm

Hmm.. I could definitely do Sat., is that too late? I. I might be able to do Friday but need to co-ordinate some things..
Best way to reach me is via email : davidcollom @ Comcast .net ( leave out the spaces)

Jfarthing
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by Jfarthing » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:35 pm

Weather permitting, Fri. & Sat. will work for us. And yes, the other airports you mention are fine. We plan to tether the mom and crate the puppies...can you bring crates, etc. as we'll need our's back.
John Farthing
N180BW T182T

Collomd

Post by Collomd » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:12 pm

OK,
So good news, I have crates, a new harness and seat belt attachment. (I can bring a couple of leashes and collars too).

Bad news, I am down to pretty much Friday AM for available time, or possibly Labor day. Not sure what everyone's schedules are looking like?
Will Friday AM work for folks? I wouldn't be in Louisville till mid morning probably..

Dave