7-11 Puppies: MS to FL

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
carolynharris

7-11 Puppies: MS to FL

Post by carolynharris » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:20 pm

Number of animals being transported: Seven to Eleven puppies, depending on space/crate availability
Breeds, weight, age: Mixed breeds, sexes, 5# to 12#, 8 to 11 wks
Health Condition: Excellent
Heart worm Status: N/A
Vaccinations: UTD
Health Certificate: Yes
Spay/Neutered: No, to be done by receiving rescue
Special needs: None
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties: McComb, MS, Animal Services
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: Humane Society of Pinellas County, FL, c/o Samantha Sipp
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): Carolyn Harris, #337/837-5930, or [email protected]
Are you a 501c3: Receiving
Additional Info/situation:

Eleven lucky pups have been accepted into rescue in Clearwater, FL. Seven of the 11 are "must go's", so if space becomes an issue, we will leave the last 4 behind and they can be placed with another group. Believe we need at least 3 medium crates or at least 2, with a couple of small ones if all eleven are going. We must be careful NOT to overcrowd them even though they will fit, as temperatures are so high while waiting for take-off and again after landing. Puppies tend to pile up in a "wad" in the crates during these flights and we want to insure that all puppies have adequate ventilation--even the ones on the bottom of the pile!!

Should pilots prefer to fly into Lakeland (LAL), rather than Clearwater (PIE), we have ground transportation available to transport the puppies on over to Clearwater. Believe we will need at least 3 legs, as follows, unless we get lucky as we did last time:

LEG ONE: McComb (MCB), MS, to Mobile (MOB) or Bay Minette (1R8), AL;

LEG TWO: MOB or 1R8 to Marianna, FL (MAI) or Bainbridge, GA (BGE)*;

LEG THREE: MAI or BGE to Clearwater, FL (PIE) or Lakeland (LAL)

We will try to leave as early in a.m. from McComb as is possible to allow for a lengthy day of flying and the possibility of afternoon showers once we hit Florida. Also, we will be losing an hour going East.

*Was told that PnP pilots no longer receive their 50-cents/gallon discount on fuel at MAI as in years past and that BGE is actually
cheaper on their fuel prices. That is why this stop-over airport would be pilot's choice.

Puppies are ready and shelter personnel are available to meet the first pilot whenever the trip is a "go," weekday or weekend!!

NOTE TO FILE, TODAY 09/15/13: Two of the pups came down with something yesterday and since they have been raised as one litter, the shelter staff was afraid to send any of them for fear they might all eventually get sick. We will monitor their health for next week to 10 days to see if they might be ready to travel by then. We had the trip filled, thanks to Johnny B., Jez C., and Jeff B. and understand the weather was all that we could have hoped for. Will keep this post open and "edit" it in about a week once we see where the health of the pups stands.

COMPLETED 09/30/13. Thanks to PnP pilot Ellen Herr, who left Gulfport early yesterday morning to avoid the cold front moving rapidly into the Mississippi Gulf Coast. A big thank you also to our ground transporters: Shelley Wickens who got up super early and took pups from McComb to Gulfport and to Lynda Jazwinski who met the plane in Lakeland and took the pups to the shelter in Clearwater. Eight lucky pups made this trip.
Attachments
McComb pup 1_opt.jpg
McComb pup 1_opt.jpg (35.76 KiB) Viewed 434 times
McComb pup 2_opt.jpg
McComb pup 2_opt.jpg (36.58 KiB) Viewed 434 times
McComb pup 3_opt.jpg
McComb pup 3_opt.jpg (39.66 KiB) Viewed 434 times
Last edited by carolynharris on Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:25 am, edited 5 times in total.

GTPilot
Zip Code: 33755
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KZPH
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: 7-11 Puppies: MS to FL

Post by GTPilot » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:01 pm

I would be willing to help with the final leg to florida from the GA/FL/AL area. I live in clearwater. Can do most weekdays, but not weekends. If you find rides for first part of trip, let me know.

Chris

Blizzard

Post by Blizzard » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:21 am

I could also help with the last leg.

George D.
845-489-2938

mongosmom
Zip Code: 33908
Foster?: Yes
Airport identifier: KFMY
Distance willing to fly one way: 250

Post by mongosmom » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:18 pm

I am flying from Gulfport, MS to Fort Myers, FL on Sept. 29(Sunday), weather permitting. Please let me know if the pups still need a ride after they recover, and we'll try to work something out.
Ellen

carolynharris

Post by carolynharris » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:43 pm

Puppies are ready to go, per above edited post. They are basically the same size--may have gained a pound or so. Believe we still need 2 medium crates and perhaps one small, just in case they appear to be overcrowded. There will be 7 pups total. Blizzard, GTpilot and mongosmom: please get up with me and let me know if Friday, Sunday or Monday will work for you. I know GT pilot can only do weekdays. First order of business is to get my local guys onboard (first 2 legs) so we'll know what day we can coordinate with you.

Thanks ever so much,

Carolyn Harris
337/837-5930

mongosmom
Zip Code: 33908
Foster?: Yes
Airport identifier: KFMY
Distance willing to fly one way: 250

Post by mongosmom » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:19 am

I can do the entire trip from MS to FL on sunday or Monday. I have sent you a private message.

carolynharris

Post by carolynharris » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:46 pm

Fantastic!! Will check my mail.

C