FILLED!Paris,Il 61944 to Kenosha, Wisc 53142

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
JPufahl

FILLED!Paris,Il 61944 to Kenosha, Wisc 53142

Post by JPufahl » Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:21 am

We will be sending at least one dog. White husky by the name of Independence, female and about 2-3 years old. Rescued on July4th from the pound. Indy was 30 pounds underweight (weighing only 32 pounds) and both ears were raw and bleeding - from flies eating at her ears. Most of her ears on both sides had been eaten by flies - down to the flesh with some of the ear, along the edges, completely gone. She had been suffering for a long time. She was so weak when we got her she had to eat laying down. She is making a full recovery - and just a beautiful gentle dog. We would also like to include at least one cat or kitten depending on the receiving rescue. Our pound is new to rescue. Before volunteers were allowed in - it was what is called a "high kill shelter" with a 94% kill rate. I still get calls from residents here wanting to know what "rescue" is. We would also like to use this opportunity to include the news media, on the sending and receiving end - to help educate the public on what "rescue" is - how it works, and what is accomplished. Also and equally important - to spay and neuter. The need to include cats? Our pound does not take cats. I'm sure we could include more dogs or cats - that would be up to the pilot.

doglover

Re: Paris,Il 61944 to Kenosha, Wisc 53142

Post by doglover » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:35 am

I should be able to do the transport of this dog when you need it done. Just let me know the details.

divesky

Re: FILLED!Paris,Il 61944 to Kenosha, Wisc 53142

Post by divesky » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:07 pm

I may be able to help you out !! Please fill me in on when you would like this done.