Req:Loganville(30052/Bainbridge,GA39817-Miami,FL(33164-PDane

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
roaringmouse

Req:Loganville(30052/Bainbridge,GA39817-Miami,FL(33164-PDane

Post by roaringmouse » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:44 pm

To whom this concerns,

We need transport for a 13 year old (formerly rescued dalmatian) to return home to Pati Dane of Dalmatian Rescue Miami. Kisses Too just had her shots updated yesterday along with a clean bill of health. Her only concerns are her age, slight disconnect with reality, possible leaky bladder and possibility of snapping if surprised. She has a healthy voice and a huge love of tennis balls. :) She is 43 pounds and medium sized.

This is a very sad request for our family. Three years ago my husband was in a hit/run motorcycle accident which has since left him tetraplegic and with Complex Regional Pain Syndrome. At the same time I was 3 months pregnant. Now in the past 10 months we have moved to Georgia; my husband has been in the hospital at least 8 times and our daughter is going to be 3. In addition to all of that we have nurses and volunteers coming and going all day long. It is proving to be too much for our beloved "Fruit Loop". :cry:

We have spoken with (and been in constant contact with) Pati Dane who has told us of your organization and thus prompted our contacting you. We got Kisses Too at 5 months and now we want her to have a quiet place to spend the rest of her time. Our home right now is not it. We understand that there might be a pilot in Bainbridge, GA. Our only hurdle is getting Kisses there as I provide 24/7 medical care for my husband. We do have a possible ride for Kisses Too around the 10th...we are waiting to hear more information.

Also in reading some of the requests...please ask about the crate we have for her and things we want to send with her so we can be helpful to you in this situation.

Could someone help us with this mercy mission?

I can be contacted at the following:
[email protected]

Respectfully,

Laura George

lt4247
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Airport identifier: KTVI

Re: Req:Loganville(30052/Bainbridge,GA39817-Miami,FL(33164-PDane

Post by lt4247 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:30 pm

I may can help you get your dog South on Sunday AM. I will send you an email....
J.R. Lane
Thomasville, GA - KTVI

artsmonster

Post by artsmonster » Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:40 am

I can fly the Fla portion. I fly into SSI often. Either Bainbridge or SSI will work. (prefer SSI as I'm on the east coast of Fla)

Art Dreyer
PA28R-200
N1118X "Tigger"
561-312-3423

roaringmouse

Post by roaringmouse » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:46 pm

Gentlemen,

Thank you both for your offer of assistance. As stated earlier in a direct email to you...I'm hoping that we can coordinate the flight between the three of us and Dalmatian Rescue. Please let me know (other then getting a hold of Pati at DR) what else I can do to help this process.

Sincerely,

Laura George

artsmonster

Post by artsmonster » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:16 am

All you need from me is the time you can get the pup to the ga border. Even if someone drives Kisses there. Maybe there is a vol willing to drive to St Simmons, or Bainbridge, or thereabouts. If so, let's go!

roaringmouse

Post by roaringmouse » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:26 am

Dear Artsmonster,

Ah! Getting Kisses to Bainbridge has been the repetitive magical key! :D If I could do it today...I would! I have finally heard from Pati and she may have a way to pull this off. I'll keep you posted...but the rumor is something about this upcoming Saturday.

Thank you.

Laura George

artsmonster

Post by artsmonster » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:02 am

OK. Try to give me as much lead time as you can. There is a reporter trying to do a story on PNP and has requested a ride along on a mission. So far, things go icky every time we try. They are trying to get publicity for the 5000 dog rescue in Sept. Any idea as to what the plan may be?

Art Dreyer
561-312-3423
PA28R-200 "Tigger"
1118X

roaringmouse

Post by roaringmouse » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:24 am

Dear all,

It has come to our attention that this avenue will not be able to help us in this situation. We have spent the last 3 months non-stop in contacting a variety of organizations and people to assist us in this challenge that we are in. Our daughter's safety comes first. At the same time it is not fair to Kisses to keep her in a situation that is uncomfortable for her. We will continue to find other avenues.

To all who offered assistance we thank you and thank you for your time.

We wish you the best of luck!

Laura George