My First Transport

This is a general discussion forum for those interested in helping transport needy animals. The Forum is open to interested members of both the animal rescue community and pilot community.

My First Transport

Postby Koopper on Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:19 pm

I am a pilot who recently signed on with Pilots N Paws and flew my first transport mission yesterday. My friend (also a pilot) and I flew an adorable little Cairn terrier named Maddie from near Lexington, Ky to just south of Birmingham. We were originally slated to fly the first half of a multi leg trip, but due to low IFR conditions all over the south east, the pilot of the first leg couldn't go. I felt so strongly that we had to get Maddie to her foster, so Ramona and I flew the entire trip - about 600 NM in all. We loved every minute of the trip. Even the 3 hours battling strong headwinds. I can't WAIT to do it again. Such wonderful people in the rescue world.
Koopper

Re: My First Transport

Postby admin on Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:54 pm

Koopper wrote:I am a pilot who recently signed on with Pilots N Paws and flew my first transport mission yesterday. My friend (also a pilot) and I flew an adorable little Cairn terrier named Maddie from near Lexington, Ky to just south of Birmingham. We were originally slated to fly the first half of a multi leg trip, but due to low IFR conditions all over the south east, the pilot of the first leg couldn't go. I felt so strongly that we had to get Maddie to her foster, so Ramona and I flew the entire trip - about 600 NM in all. We loved every minute of the trip. Even the 3 hours battling strong headwinds. I can't WAIT to do it again. Such wonderful people in the rescue world.

A BIG THANK YOU for flying Maddie and for volunteering for these missions. If you have not yet sent your story about Maddie's flight, along with pictures, to pilotsnpaws@gmail.com please do so. We love to share your experience with others!

Admin
admin
Site Admin

Return to General Discussions