DONE! 5 month old Doberman pup Charlotte NC to Pittsburgh PA

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
cjhwillis

DONE! 5 month old Doberman pup Charlotte NC to Pittsburgh PA

Post by cjhwillis » Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:26 am

Hi All – Cathy Willis with the Doberman Assistance Network (DAN) here again. We lost our transport for a 5 month old Doberman puppy. Dax is currently in Charlotte NC and he needs to go to rescue in Pittsburgh PA. Tipping the scales at 41 pounds. Times and dates are flexible. He can be brought to any location around the charlotte/ greesboro/raleigh region . As an added bonus – receiving and sending rescues are 501c3 which may provide you a tax write off opportunity.

Thanks for any help you can provide

Cathy Willis
Doberman Assistance Network
http://[email protected]
704 516 4738
Last edited by cjhwillis on Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rylan01

Re: 5 month old Doberman pup Charlotte NC to Pittsburgh PA

Post by rylan01 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:22 am

Cathy,

I sent you a personal email regarding the transport of the 5 mo. old dobie pup.

please contact me if I can help..

Sarah Murphy Case

rylan01

Post by rylan01 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:23 am

Cathy,

My email to you was rejected....here it is :

Cathy,

I am the commercial flight guru for PilotsNPaws.

If the general aviation guys are not able to help you coordinate transport, consider these options:

1) contact US Airways. They have hubs in both Charlotte and Pittsburgh so it would be a direct flight. (I can also do some research on animal shipping info with this airline.) This will not be free of charge but it will transport your pup.

2) I am a pilot for Northwest Airlines and will be working flight 1271 on Nov. 30th from Charlotte to Minnepolis; leaves at 845am and arrives at 1035am; there is a connecting flight at 1:15pm back to Pitt. Again, this would not be free of charge since I am working and not riding as a passenger. (the fee goes to Northwest, not me) My purpose would be to ensure the pup is loaded in Charlotte and then the transfer is made in Minnepolis.

Airline animal shipping is relatively safe. The cargo bins are heated and pressurized and the airlines closely monitor outside air temps for animal safety. The only real danger these days is theft of the animal by less than upstanding ground personel. ( I can help you avoid this problem) If you would like to consider the commercial option for transport, please contact me at [email protected] and I can give more details and ideas to ensure the safety of your pup....

Sarah Murphy Case
Northwest/Delta Airlines Pilot

Debi
Co-founder
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by Debi » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:25 am

rylan01 wrote:Cathy,

Cathy' contact US Airways. They have hubs in both Charlotte and Pittsburgh so it would be a direct flight. (I can also do some research on animal shipping info with this airline.) This will not be free of charge but it will transport your pup.
Sarah Murphy Case
Northwest/Delta Airlines Pilot
Sarah, you are indeed the commercial guru here and thank you so much for continuing to point out the commercial options to rescue groups.

Speaking as a rescue person, most rescues are aware of commercial transport they just simply do not have the funds.....generally speaking, rescues are poor entities and whatever funds they are able to make usually go to healthcare for the animal. It is wonderful of you to donate your time to supervise and insure an animal is transported safely on any of the flights you are connected with...it truly does come down to the money for rescue folks and is one of the many reasons Pilots N Paws is so pivotal to these groups....Thanks for offering your help!!

Debi

cjhwillis

Post by cjhwillis » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:41 am

Hi Sarah- thanks so much for the information and your offer to assist with the commerical transport. But its exactly as Debi said - Our organization just does not have the funds to move animals via commerical routes

Cathy Willis
Doberman Assistance Nwtwork

cjhwillis

Post by cjhwillis » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:47 am

Hi all -
Dr Bill is Charlotte emailed to let me know that he is game to take 1/2 of the transport to PIT. We'll have to find a pilot on the N side. of VA, WVA or S PA. to make up the last leg - Any takers?

Cathy Willis
Doberman Assistance Network
704 516 4738

cjhwillis

Re: DONE 5 month old Doberman pup Charlotte NC to Pittsburgh PA

Post by cjhwillis » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:07 pm

Dax was moved by ground transport

thanks all