Weimaraner-mix female--MS to MO

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
carolynharris

Weimaraner-mix female--MS to MO

Post by carolynharris » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:16 pm

Number of animals being transported: One
Breeds, weight, age: Weimaraner-mix female; approx. 35#; 7 months old
Health Condition: Excellent
Heart worm Status: Unknown
Vaccinations: UTD
Health Certificate: Yes
Spay/Neutered: No, to be done by receiving rescue
Special needs: None
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties: McComb, MS, Animal Shelter
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: Weimaraner Rescue of the North
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): Carolyn Harris, #337/837-5930, or [email protected]
Are you a 501c3: Receiving
Additional Info/situation:

"Ladybug" wound up at the McComb, MS, shelter, thru no fault of her own. Fortunately for her, the girls at McComb work hard to find rescues for all their intakes. As luck would have it, Weimaraner Rescue of the North saw her picture and liked what they saw.

She is currently in a foster home and is ready to head to her new rescue just as soon as we can get this set up. Girls at shelter have offered to drive her to Jackson, MS, to cut down on number of air miles and pilots required.

Sonny Davenport of Jackson might can take Leg One, which would be Jackson (JAN) to Memphis (OLV).
Leg Two would then be OLV to St. Louis. We aren't picky as to which airport near St. Louis we use.
Rescue fosters are driving down to St. Louis from Wisconsin, so assume an airport on the north side of the city would be preferable, but not a deal breaker.

Ladybug will require a medium crate. The weekend beginning Dec. 13 would be ideal, as Sonny works and has trouble getting time off on a weekday. Hopefully, the weather will cooperate and the ice/snow storms long gone!!

AT LAST, LADYBUG IS ALL TUCKED IN WITH A FOSTER IN ST. LOUIS. SHE WILL HEAD TO HER PERMANENT HOME IN WISCONSIN LATER IN THE WEEK WHEN THE SNOW SUBSIDES. THANKS TO JEFF WALL AND JIM CARNEY FOR EACH TAKING A LEG TO GET HER MOVED NORTH. CHRIS HILTY PICKED UP ANOTHER WEIM, BEAU, IN BRANSON AND JEFF WAS ABLE TO BRING HIM BACK TO JACKSON ON THE RETURN TRIP, SO HIS NEW OWNERS COULD PICK HIM UP. A VERY GOOD DAY FOR THE DOGS AND FOR PnP!
Attachments
McComb female.JPG
Last edited by carolynharris on Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cpsczi
Zip Code: 62220
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KCPS
Distance willing to fly one way: 80

Re: Weimaraner-mix female--MS to MO

Post by cpsczi » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:56 pm

I've connected with Sonny before and he's a gem. If Sonny would be willing to fly to Cape Girardeau, MO (KCGI) or even Mt. Vernon, IL (KMVN), I can bring Ladybug to St. Louis. I don't have access to an airplane anymore, so I have to drive, and I'd like to keep my legs to around 100 miles or less each way. If Sonny or anyone else could bring her to St. Louis, I'll drive her to Litchfield, Illinois, which is about 50 miles north of St. Louis, which would help the receivers.
Diane

carolynharris

Post by carolynharris » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:56 pm

Thanks, Diane. Sonny is traveling right now, so I'll email him in case he is not checking the PnP board regularly. Will advise unless he posts to this board. Appreciate your generosity.

Carolyn
337/837-530

cpsczi

Post by cpsczi » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:45 pm

This dog is trying to get south from Wisconsin. Would it be possible that Ladybug's adopter might bring Bossman south when they come to pick up Ladybug? I could take Ladybug to Litchfield and bring Bossman back to St. Louis if both transports could get coordinated timeframe-wise.
Diane
http://www.pilotsnpaws.org/forum/viewto ... 753#p91753

cpsczi

Post by cpsczi » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:46 pm

Or maybe we could sweet talk Sonny into coming to St. Louis with Ladybug and then taking Bossman further south with him, if we can get Bossman here?????? :D
Diane

judyk3015

Post by judyk3015 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:04 pm

I'm the one trying to get Bossman south. He's actually in Iron Mountain, MI, and I have a pilot who said he could get him to Madison, WI on Tuesday if the weather is good. However, if we can get someone to drive or fly him to St. Louis next weekend, I can probably find some volunteer ground transport to take him where he needs to go to meet up with his ride.

Judy

cpsczi

Post by cpsczi » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:15 pm

Judy--If you can connect with the adopters of Ladybug, who are willing to drive from Wisconsin to St. Louis, maybe they will take Bossman to St. Louis when they come to pick up Ladybug. I am willing to drive from St. Louis north to Litchfield (or even Springfield) to make the swap, unless we can find a St. Louis pilot to do it. (Note that I am already committed to driving 3 big dogs from St. Louis to Litchfield early Sunday the 15th, so I'll need to factor that into Ladybug's and Bossman's transport schedules.) Let's make this happen!
Diane
Bossman's transport site is: http://www.pilotsnpaws.org/forum/viewto ... 762#p91762

carolynharris

Post by carolynharris » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:14 pm

Don't forget, I still need a pilot from OLV (Olive Branch, MS) to one of the St. Louis airports before we can firm things up. Not sure if Sonny can even do this one or not, as he is unavailable right now. I rather doubt he wants to fly all the way into St. Louis. That would be a long day for him.

Carolyn

carolynharris

Post by carolynharris » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:50 am

Starting all over. Not too concerned about Leg One as there are several pilots in my area who would probably take this one.
However, no response whatsoever from a Memphis-area or St. Louis-area pilot. I know weather is not looking good in St. Louis, or down here for that matter, this upcoming weekend, so this might have to wait until after Christmas.

If anyone thinks they might can do Leg Two (Memphis area to St. Louis area), please chime in and let's see if we can make tentative plans.

judyk3015

Post by judyk3015 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:07 pm

I'm sorry, I forgot to mark as completed. We had to do a volunteer ground transport Sunday. Thank you to all who wanted to help.

Judy