Cirrus rear seats - removable?

A place for pilots to chat and exchange information about their planes, flying, transports, etc....

Cirrus rear seats - removable?

Postby K9Wingman on Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:56 pm

Cirrus Pilots. Looking to help transport 3 border collies in crates, in my SR20. Wondering if anyone has tried removing the rear seats for utility transport... and will three large crates fit in the rear of a Cirrus?

Unfortunately, making two trips does not work out. Wondering if anyone has tried transporting three large dogs in a Cirrus?

Thanks for the help.
-Scott
K9Wingman

Re: Cirrus rear seats - removable?

Postby PlaneFixer on Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:30 am

I can't attest to being able to fit 3 crates in a Cirrus, but as far as removing the rear seats, that's easy :) remove the seat bottom cushion (held to the seat frame by velcro), then find the hitch pin style hardware holding the seat bottoms to the airframe (2 per seat, near the forward corners of the seat). lift the forward edge of the seat bottom up about 2 inches, then slide the seat assembly forward to disengage the 2 pins holding the aft edge of seat to the airframe. if you need help, have a friendly A&P take a few minutes to show you, as a "picture" (or seeing it in front of you) is worth a thousand words!

unfortunately, the structure under the rear seats is not level with the baggage compartment floor- it slopes down toward the rear of the airplane. something i found interesting is that apparently there are other cirrus owners that want a larger flat area with the seats out, and we have something like this available: http://cirrus.tamarackaero.com/cargo-conversion-2/

PlaneFixer

Return to "Pilot Talk"