Multi leg Transport from TWF - FAI

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
Anythings Pawsable

Multi leg Transport from TWF - FAI

Post by Anythings Pawsable » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:15 pm

Number of animals being transported: 1
Breeds, weight, age: Choc lab/Huskey mix, 30 lbs, 5 months
Health Condition: Good
Heart worm Status:
Vaccinations: upto date
Health Certificate: 10/6/13 was given clean bill of health after having a bout with parvo.
Spay/Neutered: 10/18/2013
Special needs: no
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties: Anythings Pawsable
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: Mike Nutsch
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): [email protected]
Are you a 501c3: yes
Additional Info/situation: Mike and his family adopted the puppy in Oct, his job is in Alaska, they would not let him take the pup with him on the plane when he left this month from Idaho to Alaska, costs for him to send the pup alone at a later date are too high for him. If we can't get the pup transported he will not be able to keep him. The pup has had a rough go in his short life and finally had a happy ending in a good home where he became part of the family.

I know it is a long flight and will need multiple legs. I am also willing to drive to Boise, ID (BOI) to put him on transport if easier. If there is anything else I can do to help please let me know. This is my first request and even though I read through the instructions I may have missed something.

Thank you for consideration.

montanaskygod

Re: Multi leg Transport from TWF - FAI

Post by montanaskygod » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:02 pm

Your biggest hurdle will be the weather!!!!!!!!!! Delta transports for $.87 per pound I believe. This time of year is really hard for small airplanes especially going north. Can you find a foster until the spring?????? I would but my husband would 'kill' me - I already have 2.

Anythings Pawsable

Post by Anythings Pawsable » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:37 pm

Thanks for your reply, I have thought about the foster until spring, however its hard to have someone foster for months and then give them up, not to mention I currently don't have an open foster and if I did that is another life we couldn't save. Also his dad will miss out of the pup growing up and its a good bonding time. I didn't realize Delta flew into Alaska, I will check into that. I figured the weather would be an issue.

Siegmund
Zip Code: 59918
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: 88M
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by Siegmund » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:36 am

Delta usually flies only to Anchorage, and would change to Alaska Airlines for the last leg. Going all the way on Horizon/Alaska is the usual way, but I gather Horizon gave you the impossibly high price quote?

I lived in Fairbanks for 17 years and have friends up there... none who go to Idaho, unfortunately, but a chance that someone could accompany the dog from Seattle to Fairbanks at Christmastime if needed. Not sure if it helps to have the dog with someone or not, if that wasn't done in the first place.

Jwr24r
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by Jwr24r » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:21 am

I have a possible solution. My wife's family is from Fairbanks. They will be spending Christmas with us in Cashmere, WA. It might be possible for me to fly to TWF and pick up the dog and return to Cashmere. On Dec. 29 it might be possible to have the dog accompany them back to Fairbanks.

Anythings Pawsable

Post by Anythings Pawsable » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:41 pm

Thank you for your responses. I will check into the flying with another and see what I can find out, they were checking into flying the pup alone so hopefully this would be much cheaper. I will get back to you with what I find out. Thank you both!

Anythings Pawsable

Post by Anythings Pawsable » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:16 pm

Jwr24r:

If your family wouldn't mind accomanying the pup it looks like it is $400 less for him to fly that way. If we could work that out that would be wonderful! please feel free to email me and we can work out the details if it is still an option? [email protected].

Thank you so much!

Anythings Pawsable

Post by Anythings Pawsable » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:28 am

For anyone following this request, it looks like we may have a sloution, weather pending of course. :) Jwr24r has been working with us on this request, and it looks like between him and his family we have a transport! Thanks so much Jwr24r!!

Anythings Pawsable

Post by Anythings Pawsable » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:18 pm

James (pilot) picked Hercules (pup) up today and he is headed to WA for the first leg of his transport. THANK YOU PILOTS N PAWS and JAMES for all your help! Please feel free to read the story on our FB page https://www.facebook.com/anythingspawsable?ref=hl
Beckie