FOUR Dogs to home for Christmas!

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
colbertvet

FOUR Dogs to home for Christmas!

Post by colbertvet » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:54 pm

Number of animals being transported:4
Breeds, weight, age: great dane 40lb, 6 mo; poodle-1yr-15 lb, min pin-1 year-13 lbs, Lab-1 yr-60lbs
Health Condition:All healthy
Heart worm Status:All negative
Vaccinations:All UTD
Health Certificate:yes
Spay/Neutered:yes
Special needs:no
Name of Sending Rescue/PartiesColbert Veterinary Rescue
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties:Colbert Veterinary Rescue
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum):Mary Beth [email protected]
Are you a 501c3:yes
Additional Info/situation:We would like to have these pups transported before Christmas. They all have an owner waiting for them
Last edited by colbertvet on Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

colbertvet

Re: FOUR Dogs to home for Christmas!

Post by colbertvet » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:36 pm

askulte

Post by askulte » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:20 am

We're able to do the last leg next weekend (Fri 12/20 evening through Sun 12/22). Will the lab and dane have harnesses? Will they be OK in the back seat together? The other two I can put in a crate in the luggage area of the Cessna 172. N72 works well for us (seems like a nice stop w/ less expensive fuel), but we could go further if needed if we want to combine it into 3 legs.

KAHN (Athens, GA) - KHKY (Hickory, NC)
KHKY - KLKU (Louisa Co)
KLKU - N57 (New Garden, NJ)
N57 - KBDR (Bridgeport, CT): Askulte, C172

sshoop
Zip Code: 22066
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KJYO
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by sshoop » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:29 pm

Hello,
I could do the LKU to N57 leg on Saturday the 21st (preferably) or Sunday the 22nd.

KAHN (Athens, GA) - KHKY (Hickory, NC)
KHKY - KLKU (Louisa Co)
KLKU - N57 (New Garden, NJ): Shoop, C340
N57 - KBDR (Bridgeport, CT): Askulte, C172

Steve
Steve Shoop
Twin Cessna N5U - IFR
Leesburg, VA (KJYO)

askulte

Post by askulte » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:11 pm

Steve - Great! I'll reserve our plane tentatively for Sat afternoon... Hope we can get a 1st and 2nd leg.

cmasiero
Zip Code: 34787
Airport identifier: KISM
Distance willing to fly one way: 300

Post by cmasiero » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:41 am

Hi guys,

Steve, Andris,
Looks like we are on for a redo of a similar trip we did together a year ago :-)

I could help with the first leg(s). I will reach out to Woody, a pilot based in Athens to see if he could do this first leg and meet me in NC.

If not, Steve, would you meet me a bit south? As a backup, I could go to Athens and meet you in central VA to get the ball rolling.
Christophe Masiero, IFR
Cardinal 177RG N52944

colbertvet

Post by colbertvet » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:57 pm

Thank you so much for your response and this will be an update for all. MaryBeth, who was in charge of putting this together, exited town for a cruise, so I am trying to take over. I apologize in advance for any "bloopers" on my part. Although I have been involved in getting dogs/pups to flights, I have never put one together. so bear with me and please let me know if I need to do things differently!

We are located right outside of Athens, Georgia in Colbert. We have a 40# Boxer/Dane mix (Dudley) and four small dogs (from 11-18#) that will be coming on the flight. As I understand it thus far, we have the second and third leg covered and are looking for someone to cover the first. If we could send them from Ben Epps in Athens, that would be awesome, but if I need to drive them to Greenville, we will make it work.
Thanks again for all your help and let me know what I need to do!
Gloria B. Andrews, DVM
Colbert Vet Rescue

colbertvet

Post by colbertvet » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:07 pm

OK - apparently Mary Beth had made contact with some PNP pilots and I am not certain she checked back on this board. Second leg - from Roanoke to Manassas was going to be flown by David Klain and the third leg, from Manassas to Bridgeport was covered by Ron Maimon. She had been emailing them directly. Confusing this is! It is so wonderful to have willing folks! Let me know how you want to handle things and I will get back with them as well. Thanks

cmasiero
Zip Code: 34787
Airport identifier: KISM
Distance willing to fly one way: 300

Post by cmasiero » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:04 pm

Hi Gloria,

Yes she did (she reached out to me too and this is why I wrote a post on the board...

OK so 1st leg is Athens GA - Roanoke VA. When do you plan this trip?
Christophe Masiero, IFR
Cardinal 177RG N52944

colbertvet

Post by colbertvet » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:12 am

Sorry to be late getting back with you. If you and your group (Chris, Steve, Andris) can work out the legs that would be awesome. There are 5-6 dogs for the flight. If this is too many and you want to double up on some legs, Dave and Ron can help out. Whenever the timing is best for you but it will need to be this weekend (Friday to Sunday). Just let me know when the dogs need to be at the airport and I will have them there. The largest is the Dane/Boxer mix and he is about 50#. He will have a harness on, as will everyone else, just for your convenience. The other dogs are Gaspara (25# whippet mix), Sammy (15# pug/dach), Nettie (11#, Italian Greyhound/Chi mix), Pascal (10# poodle/westie mix) and maybe Tormey (11# terrier mix). The smaller dogs will have crates and they are familiar with each other, so they could ride together.

I will be copying this and sending it to Dave and Ron as well to let them know. If you would like them to help also, it is up to you if you want to contact them directly or if you would like me to. Thanks again and I look forward to getting these dogs to their very own "home for the holidays" - all thanks to you!
Gloria