DISABLED CHIWEENIE PEARLAND TX/SAN ANGELO TX ASAP

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
johnknight5242

Re: DISABLED CHIWEENIE PEARLAND TX/SAN ANGELO TX ASAP

Post by johnknight5242 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:56 pm

Good afternoon.

Thanks for the info. That all works just fine for me. Now all we need is for the weather folks to continue to smile on us.

A preliminary estimate of flight time from Austin to you is about 1 hour 36 minutes. We think we should be in San Angelo around noon. Either Carol or I will likely give you a phone call with our actual departure time so you can plan things at your end with a bit more precision.

This is gonna be good. Looking forward to seeing you again.

Regards to all.

waderoberts
Zip Code: 77546
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KLVJ
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by waderoberts » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:58 pm

Hey, all,

Everything is good on this end. WX still looks great, # of pooches and combined weight no problem. I'll likely fly them in two-four crates so they're comfortable and not stressed. Weight of the collapsible crib is not a problem, but I need to know the dimensions that it collapses to. And a final passenger manifest at some point.

John: Sounds like you were lucky. I talked to someone a week ago who was stranded in Iowa for three days before finally getting a flight back to Dallas, and someone a few days ago who was stranded in Las Vegas for a couple of days trying to get a flight home to Alabama. I spent a number of years living in Chicago before moving back home. If I never ever again have to shovel snow, I'll be mightily happy.

Wade
Stephen Wade Roberts
N20223, Cessna 177B Cardinal II
Pearland (TX) Regional Airport (KLVJ)
Houston, TX area
cell: 312-806-8928

johnknight5242

Post by johnknight5242 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:27 pm

Wade,

Can they travel on in the crates you will fly them in or should we bring a couple of small ones for our leg of the flight?

We used to live at about 9100 ft up in the mountains of central Colorado. Heavy wet snows that break things is the norm. Once you've lived through a mid-spring snow storm you gain a true understanding why the term "springtime in the Rockies" is truly a 4-letter word. The presence of snow and ice now just causes us to speculate that we didn't move far enough south when we returned to Texas.

Ciao

janet cryer anderson

Post by janet cryer anderson » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:26 pm

heres the list of kid and baggage
Duke is 10+ year black and white rat terrier ,
Tbone 8month chiweenie disabled paralized and incontinent back legs he comes with the collpasable crib that he sleeps in and is use to LOL
Eore 10+ year maltese
Ginger 7+ mini long haired red doxie
the crate they will be on and the crib is all they should have coming with them and i wouldnt even care about the crib but he has always slept in it at his home so he is use to it . .. im waiting on the measurment of the =crate and crib

waderoberts

Post by waderoberts » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:52 pm

John,

If you really need the crates, they could go with the pooches. They're my own, but I can always lay some more in from Petsmart.

I think to be sure that you'd never face snow, sleet, freezing rain, ice in Texas (except in very unusual circumstances), you'd need to move south of about 29.8 latitude, at least in Central-East Texas; West Texas is a totally different thing, with the increased ground elevation and WX patterns. Flew a transport mission last week LVJ-F46 just east of Dallas. It was 45F in Houston at 8 a.m. and 22F in Dallas. Briefer told me that some D/FW airports were reporting ice on the runways, so I delayed departure until I could reach F46 by phone to confirm that the runway was clear).

Best,
Wade
Stephen Wade Roberts
Houston, TX area

johnknight5242

Post by johnknight5242 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:26 pm

Hi Wade,

We might see what they start their travels to you in crate-wise. If that's of a usable size it might be easier to move them straight through in whatever that may be. If that doesn't work, we have a couple of folding crates we occasionally use when we travel to dog events with our 2 deaf and blind pups. They're a bit bulky but we could split the pooches up in Austin and shoehorn them in. We'll toss them in the back just in case. In any event they would be more usable than our other rather large hard crates and, if you use yours, this would allow you to take them back home with you. Sounds like things will be covered. The only thing I'm not sure of is the crib.

Looking forward to Wednesday. My only complaint is the two days full of meetings to be suffered through before we get a chance to haul pooches. Ah well - tedium pays for the fun.

Regards to all.

John

waderoberts

Post by waderoberts » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:01 pm

John,

Weather still looks great for Wednesday, although we have some early morning fog here along the coast. Currently, it looks to clear up by 9 a.m., so I'd likely be pretty much on schedule.

Will call all involved mid-day tomorrow after the terminal area forecasts come out for Wednesday morning.

Sounds like a plan re: crates. No word yet on the collapsed dimensions of the crib.

I look forward to connecting with and meeting you.

Best,
Wade
Stephen Wade Roberts
Houston, TX area

janet cryer anderson

Post by janet cryer anderson » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:02 am

Wade & John
I am having a devil of time getting gracie to do any measurements so we are now down to the wire anything that wont fit in the plane just leave it as long as the dogs make the flight im not gonna wory about the rest .. i have beeged everyday for the measurement ... we have had 2 changes as eore got adopted and the tiny doxies momma showed up YAY but 2 seniors chis are taking their place they are in foster and will be headingto houston tonight where Tbone already is everyone plz take a couple of carriers just in case what shows up wont fit i know kelly is sending a small carrier but to be safe plz have a couple ..I am so sorry this has turned in to such a PITA .. for some reason its been hard to get everybody on the same page :( ... so i have my phone on me and we are ready to rock Wade i have told Gracie be at Pearland ap at 8 am wed if that changes let me know so i can track her down ~Janet total od dogs is still 4

johnknight5242

Post by johnknight5242 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:24 pm

Good morning folks.

All is looking great at this end and the weather is still looking good. Carol and I are planning on being at KEDC between 9 and 10 tomorrow morning and KSJT around noon. All is OK with the changes. We'll have our two folding carriers for use as needed and can transfer the pooches to Janet's.

Janet: Either Carol or I will call you upon our departure from Austin.

Looking forward to seeing everyone and getting the pooches to their new home.

Regards to all.

Carol & John

waderoberts

Post by waderoberts » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:29 pm

John,

Could you give me a call? Just want to connect. 312-806-8928.

Wade
Stephen Wade Roberts
Houston, TX area