FOUR Dogs to home for Christmas!

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
askulte

Re: FOUR Dogs to home for Christmas!

Post by askulte » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:36 pm

Hi Gloria,

It's back on for this crew (myself, Steve, and Christophe)? Let's keep the discussion on the forum so we're all on the same page. If someone would like to subscribe to this topic and get automatic notifications, click on the "thread tools" near the top of the page.

I'm free either day, and Steve preferred Saturday. We can do 2 dogs in the back seat with the harnesses, and two small/med crates in the luggage area (doubled up for the little guys). Not sure how small is too small - suggestions?

Any pictures? :)

sshoop
Zip Code: 22066
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KJYO
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by sshoop » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:03 pm

Sounds good to me. If it works for everyone I am fine with reserving Sunday as a weather backup day in case conditions Saturday are not acceptable.

Christophe, I can dip further south if needed; would FCI (Richmond Exec) or PTB (Petersburg) work? Are you still picking up in Greenville?

Best,

Steve
Steve Shoop
Twin Cessna N5U - IFR
Leesburg, VA (KJYO)

cmasiero
Zip Code: 34787
Airport identifier: KISM
Distance willing to fly one way: 300

Post by cmasiero » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:29 pm

Hi,

OK, so moving forward we will only use this thread to avoid confusion.

Steve, thanks. PTB would be great and shave me a bit of flight time so I stay below 5h.

Gloria,

I have removed my back seat and could accommodate this load in my Cardinal. I think Steve will take his 340 and probably bring his son to help him handle these so the limiting factor will be Andris' plane.

Have you heard anything from another pilot who could take them from Athens to the Greenville - Charlotte area? If not, I can go to the Greenville Municipal airport (downtown, KGMU) and then fly to Peterburg to meet with Steve.

Please note that I have another flight scheduled this weekend. I will work on scheduling it on Sunday then.
Christophe Masiero, IFR
Cardinal 177RG N52944

askulte

Post by askulte » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:06 pm

Gloria,
Contact info for the recipient(s)? We'll meet them at Three Wing Aviation at Sikorsky Airport - http://threewing.com.

cmasiero

Post by cmasiero » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:07 pm

Steve, Andris, Gloria,

Could we possibly move this trip to Sunday instead of Saturday?

I am sorry, I just learned the other dog must go on Saturday from GA to NC in order to catch a ground transport on Sunday morning early.
Christophe Masiero, IFR
Cardinal 177RG N52944

askulte

Post by askulte » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:47 am

Christophe - Sunday is OK with us (or possibly fit that extra GA-NC dog on Sat with the other guys?).

Total flight time for the pups should be around 5 hours, so not too bad. If on Sunday, could there be an early start so the last hand-off between Steve and myself so it isn't too late (by late afternoon)? Thanks!

sshoop
Zip Code: 22066
Airport identifier: KJYO
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by sshoop » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:43 am

Sunday is OK with me (if the additional dog can't be hooked up with our group on Sat. I have space.)

Whichever day it ends up being, I should be able to get down to PTB as early as Christophe can arrive there with the passengers.

SS
Steve Shoop
Twin Cessna N5U - IFR
Leesburg, VA (KJYO)

cmasiero

Post by cmasiero » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:03 am

Thank you guys for your flexibility. This dog comes from Calhoun GA and won't be in the Charlotte area before 3pm so I think the best is for me to do 2 trips (one on Sat for him, 1 on Sun with you).

Gloria,

Could you please confirm we can get these dogs to Greenville Municipal airport and by what time on Sunday morning so we can start planning the legs accordingly. Thank you.
Christophe Masiero, IFR
Cardinal 177RG N52944

colbertvet

Post by colbertvet » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:07 am

Is there anyway we can have the specs of departure time from Georgia and arrival time in Ct? The adopters are asking and we aren't sure what to tell them just yet. Thanks

cmasiero

Post by cmasiero » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:07 pm

Gloria,

We will provide with the arrival time when we get the departure time. Per my previous post, when can we get these guys to Greenville? We will then compute flight times for each leg, add transit times and we should have an estimated arrival time.

Also remember this is tentative until we get a weather briefing the night before and the very morning as this is winter. All 3 pilots are instrument rated so we only have to worry about low ceiling and icing.

Please confirm who will drop these in Greenville and at what time. We will also need names email address and cell phone numbers for people dropping off and picking up. I recommend you put together a run sheet with this information. I also recommend we are taking this out of this board using email to make it simpler.
Christophe Masiero, IFR
Cardinal 177RG N52944