UPDATE-Medical Urgency - Surgery needed to save dog's leg

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
veganslovelife

UPDATE-Medical Urgency - Surgery needed to save dog's leg

Post by veganslovelife » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:31 am

Number of animals being transported: 2
Breeds, weight, age: Both Male. 1st dog is a Maltese mix about 12 lbs about 8 years old. Second dog is a 30lb terrier mix about 5 lbs
Health Condition: Fair/good for both
Heart worm Status: Negative for both
Vaccinations: up to date for both
Health Certificate: Will be done prior to transport
Spay/Neutered: Neutered for both
Special needs: None during flight
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties For The Love of Dogs
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: Fridays Rescue Foundation
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): Dawn 252-292-9779
Are you a 501c3: Yes
UPDATE: WE ARE ABLE TO GO TO IXA INSTEAD OF WILSON/ROCKYMOUNT IF THAT HELPS!!!!!!! Additional Info/situation: Tigger is a 30lb terrier mix that had been attacked by another dog and then neglected by its owner after the attack. When they finally did get medical attention for the poor baby (about 6 days after the attack), they were told that the dog needed extensive surgery and could possibly lose the leg... they said just put 'it' down. Of course that's not going to happen. We have a group up north that is willing to take the dog and have the surgery done. We are trying desperately for a flight ASAP for the surgery ASAP. The dog will definitely lose the leg without this surgery. Please help us get him to the group that has the surgeon that is willing and able to do the leg saving procedure.
The other dog is a small Maltese mix that has pancreatitis and a heart murmur. The same group stated that they would take that medical needs dog as well. Please help us get these dogs to where they can receive the type of care that they require.
Last edited by veganslovelife on Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

sidthekid

Re: Medical Urgency - Surgery needed to save dog's leg

Post by sidthekid » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:43 pm

Hi,

I can fly them both from NC-CT this sunday12/22/13, if that helps. Providing the weather cooperates I'm free for the trip.

Sidney

veganslovelife

Re: Medical Urgency - Surgery needed to save dog's leg

Post by veganslovelife » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:35 am

Ok. :) Thank you so much. We are trying very hard to get them up there during this week - I will keep you posted as to how things go. Thank you so much!!!

veganslovelife

Re: UPDATE-Medical Urgency - Surgery needed to save dog's le

Post by veganslovelife » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:10 am

We are able to take the dogs from Wilson, NC to IXA instead of Rocky Mount if that helps. We are trying hard to get the surgery done this week! Thanks!

sidthekid

Post by sidthekid » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:05 pm

Hi,

IXA does help, but my schedule is not free until Sunday. If the weather on sunday is not good to fly, I'm also free on monday. However, if they need to go north before then please let me know, so I can make other plans.

Sid

veganslovelife

Post by veganslovelife » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:08 pm

Hi Sidney. Thank you for the offer. They do need to go north as soon as possible. We have a ground transport option available leaving Thursday night and they would get to CT Friday morning. We were trying/hoping to see if they could catch a plane ride earlier as the dog needing the surgery would get the surgery sooner and it would also be a shorter travel time for them. If they can't catch a flight before Thursday night, we will do the ground transport. Thank you so much for your willingness to help though - it is much appreciated.
If there is any pilot available to help these two dogs - especially the one needing surgery, we would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

mbwicker

Post by mbwicker » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:34 pm

Hi,

I am flying some dogs from Wilson, NC on Thursday morning and passing off to another pilot who will be taking some of them to Oxford, CT (KOXC).
They would arrive mid-afternoon there. Would this help?

Thanks,
MaryBeth
[email protected]

veganslovelife

Post by veganslovelife » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:23 pm

Absolutely!! Really trying to avoid them having to go thru such a long ground transport. Let me check to see if the receiving rescue group is able to get to that airport. I will check with them first thing in the morning and get back to you ASAP. What is your estimated arrival time in CT?
Thanks so much!!!
Dawn

mbwicker

Post by mbwicker » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:36 pm

1:30 PM ish.

Thanks,
MaryBeth
[email protected]

veganslovelife

Post by veganslovelife » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:44 pm

Great!! Thanks so much for the info. I will let you know ASAP in the AM.

Thank You,
Dawn