35 dogs and pups to send from VA to NY

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
partnerscanines

35 dogs and pups to send from VA to NY

Post by partnerscanines » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:06 pm

Hi, I have 35 great dogs and pups I need to get to 2 different shelters in NY, North Shore Animal League in Long Island and the Tompkins SPCA in Ithaca. I am in communications right now with the 2 receiving shelters about each group taking half, should have confirmation by next week. We would like this to happen during the P&P 5000 week (or before) if there are any pilots out there willing to make either one or both trips . . . please let me know if you can help!!! My name is Melissa, my org is PARTNERS! Canines (www.partnerscanines.org), 540-652-1944, [email protected]. I am near both the Weyers Cave and Charlottesville airports and can get the dogs to either location . . . all of these dogs are vacc'd and healthy and coming from shelters where they would otherwise be euthanized, so you will be helping me save their lives! : )

miltonjosephs

Re: 35 dogs and pups to send from VA to NY

Post by miltonjosephs » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:15 pm

I live in Port Washington, about 1 miles from the North Shore Animal League.

I am a pilot but do not have my own airplane.

I am happy to share the cost of the flight and can transport the dogs from my local airport, KFRG to NSAL. Flights would have to be at night since I am a school teacher and will be back at work.

Contact me at [email protected]

Regards
Milton Josephs

nicholas757
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by nicholas757 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:39 am

Hi,
I would be glad to help get the dogs to New York. I am based out of Williamsburg, VA. Please get in touch so we can work out the details.
Thanks,
Nick O'Connell

J Jorgensen

Post by J Jorgensen » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:02 pm

Melissa, I can help out with a transport from Shenandoah Regional airport to Ithaca airport however I have limited carying capability. I can take anything that fits in one 21'x21'x28' crate. The 15th, 16th, or 17th of September fit my schedule if that works with you. John Jorgensen e-mail [email protected].

jtoman

Post by jtoman » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:34 pm

Mellissa, I'm an IFR pilot out of Leesburg Virginia which is a short flight to Charlottesville. I own a Piper Warrior P28 that seats 4 with cargo area. I have about 200lbs usable weight depending on configuration. Currently I don't have crates but I'm sure that can be arranged. You can contact me via [email protected] to arrange. I just happen to have availability to make a trip over the next three days if it works for your schedule.

Thanks,

John

DJK3737T
Airport identifier: KFDK
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by DJK3737T » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:28 pm

This might be a good one for me, too. I'm instrument-rated, based in Frederick, Maryland, and am familiar with both Charlottesville and Long Island -- I used to fly into Islip to visit my parents.

My airplane's a four-seater. I usually prefer not to carry dogs up front, but can in a pinch, so I can take up to three large dogs plus a small crate or two in the baggage hatch. (It circulates the same air as the cabin, so no worries about asphyxiation.)

You can reach me at [email protected]. My name's David.

-- DJK

JERRY S.

Post by JERRY S. » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:23 am

I am based out of the Northern NJ/NY area.
I am IFR rated & can p/u in MD or parts of virginia.
You can reach me at 917-734-8477 or [email protected]

partnerscanines

35 dogs/pups from VA; leg 1 filled! Now need PA - NY pilot

Post by partnerscanines » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:39 pm

Wow, I am overwhelmed by the kindness of so many pilots! You guys/gals rock!!! : ) Here is where we stand:

- we still have 35 dogs and pups to get to NY week of Sept 12. Thanks, John, for your kind offer to move them now, I just can't get them all ready to go that quickly as they are coming from several different shelters.
- Nick has graciously offered to get them from VA to PA week of the PNP 5000, so we are now in need of a 2nd pilot who can get them to NY. We may have to do this over the course of a few trips as Nick's plane won't hold 17-18 dogs and pups, but he is willing to work w/a 2nd pilot who can help. 1st destination is still Long Island, 2nd destination may or may not be Ithaca, but if not, somewhere near there.

Please let me know asap if you can fly these great dogs and pups from PA to NY week of the 12th, probably mid week or end of week.

Thank you!
Melissa Bahleda
PARTNERS! Canines
www.partnerscanines.org
[email protected]

DougWeir
Zip Code: 10024
Airport identifier: KCDW
Distance willing to fly one way: 200

Post by DougWeir » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:56 pm

Just to be clear - you have transportation for ALL 35 dogs to PA already?

Please advise which airport in PA would be the pick-up point.

I can try to assist and can take 2 - 3 dogs, depending on their size.
Doug Weir, CFI, ATP
Saratoga Springs, NY (5B2)
Grumman Tiger - N414DJ
Cell: 917-208-1172

vrivas27

Post by vrivas27 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:32 am

I have a piper sarartoga and can help in transporting the dogs from PA to Long Island.

Victor