4 Dogs - Oklahoma City, OK to Mason City, IA

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
Patriotsforpets

4 Dogs - Oklahoma City, OK to Mason City, IA

Post by Patriotsforpets » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:35 pm

Number of animals being transported: 4
Breeds, weight, age: Shep Mix - 2 Years, 45 lbs; Clyde - Irish Terrier Mix - 4 Years - 50 lbs.; Molly - Vizsla mix - 2 years - 55 lbs; Nugget - Basenjii mix - 35 lbs.
Health Condition: All in good health
Heart worm Status: All heart worm negative
Vaccinations: All current
Health Certificate: Available
Spay/Neutered: Yes on all
Special needs: None
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties God's Dogs Rescue - San Antonio Texas
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: Patriots for Pets Rescue and Shelter - Clear Lake, Iowa
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): Debbie Kern - [email protected] or 641-357-8050
Are you a 501c3: Yes
Additional Info/situation: All four dogs are in San Antonio Texas but we have ground transportation available to Oklahoma City, OK. Transport would require two medium and two large crates. We have the ability to pick them up anywhere near Mason City, Iowa

Zhumphrey

Re: 4 Dogs - Oklahoma City, OK to Mason City, IA

Post by Zhumphrey » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:05 pm

Depending on the requested date, I could fly them half way to Mason City. Kansas City would be about half way. Maybe a KC based pilot could do a second leg.

Patriotsforpets

Post by Patriotsforpets » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:37 pm

We are open on the dates - they are currently safe. hopefully we will get another offer for part of the trip. Thanks and we will keep you posted!

Patriotsforpets

Post by Patriotsforpets » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:41 pm

We could do a ground transport next weekend from KC to Mason City. Can you do the flight on Saturday or Sunday? We can work with your schedule. Let us know. Thanks.

Zhumphrey

Post by Zhumphrey » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:54 pm

Yes I can do it either Saturday or Sunday. I'm not sure which day is best for me right now, but it may depend on when the ground transport from San Antonio can do it. Also, I only have one very large crate (36″ x 25″ x 27″), and one intermediate crate (24″ x 16.3″ x 14.8″). The large one is big enough for the largest dog on this transport, but the intermediate may not be big enough for the smallest one. I don't have anything for the shepherd mix or Irish terrier mix. I'll need to do some measuring when we figure out what crates we'll have so I know they will all fit. One lucky dog may get to ride with me up front.

Patriotsforpets

Post by Patriotsforpets » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:02 pm

I just sent the transport on the other end an e-mail and sent her the details of the crate and she will give me the measurements of the third crate that we would need and she will supply it. She will also put a harness and lead on the fourth dog so it could be tied up inside the plane so it doesn't bounce around from front to back on you.

I will let you know as soon as I get a response. Thank you so much for offering to help these four dogs.

Patriotsforpets

Post by Patriotsforpets » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:22 pm

Here is the information I just got from the transporter from San Antonio area:

Actually, Clyde and Rosa could fit in the large crate and Nugget in the smaller crate and then Molly could ride copilot or I can send another medium crate...

She can drive to OKC on Saturday night and meet you Sunday at whatever time you set. Which airport do you fly out of? Is there a good meeting location for her to transfer the dogs to you?

Zhumphrey

Post by Zhumphrey » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:16 pm

Okay, please send the medium crate for Molly. If it fits in the airplane, she can ride in it. I fly out of Wiley Post airport in Bethany, OK. There are a couple of good meeting points at the airport. I'll send directions or a little map later this week. Maybe we can all exchange cell phone numbers so we can coordinate more closely the day of the transport.

In Kansas City, I will plan to fly into Wheeler Downtown. I'll provide details for the arrival location there later in the week as well. Weather looks good so far. Will post here later this week.

Zhumphrey

Post by Zhumphrey » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:12 pm

For my paperwork, I will need a phone number, address, city, and state for both the sending and receiving party. Weather is kind of looking mixed right now but we're a ways out still. It is showing 20% chance of snow in both OKC and KC and pretty cold. When I get the address/phone/etc I'll get the paperwork printed up and will only need a signature from both parties during the transport. I'll update on the weather again on Wednesday.

Patriotsforpets

Post by Patriotsforpets » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:19 pm

Sending party: Julianne Marchbanks - cell number 210-310-8848 - I am getting her address in Texas.

Receiving party: Patriots for Pets Rescue and Shelter, 805 N. 40th Street, Clear Lake, IA 50428. Shelter phone number is 641-357-8050. LaBeth Sasse will be the one meeting you in Kansas City and her cell phone is: 641-494-9236.

Let's hope the weather is clear for flying!

Thanks,
Debbie Kern