DONE--Arkansas to California Sept 4

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
CosmoL8t

DONE--Arkansas to California Sept 4

Post by CosmoL8t » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:38 pm

Thank you everyone for all your help! 3 dogs are being transported from Arkansas to California. They are under 25lbs each and very friendly. All three are small enough to fit in one large carrier. Grandmother died leaving her beloved dogs. The property is being sold and they were in danger of being killed at the local shelter. She devoted much time and effort in nursing one back to health that had been hit by a car. Another of the dogs had been mauled and nearly died when attacked by a dog. These dogs have a loving home waiting for them in California with a cousin that appreciates what these dogs have been through. Thank you everyone participating in transporting these pups from Arkansas to the West Coast. The dogs are enroute. They departed Arkansas this weekend. They arrived in Kansas City with a quick handoff to Salinas, KS. Pups will depart Salinas, KS to arrive in Denver, CO. The dogs will be fostered in Colorado until Sept 4. On Sept 4 they will depart Lake Meadows Airport near Colorado Springs. We took on a Piggyback rescue of a Minpin from San Bernardino to L. Havisu (final destination: Phoenix, Az THANK YOU KEN & VINCE!) The dogs switched planes in Lake Havisu. Ken took the 3 Terriers home with him for the night in La Verne, CA. On Sept 5 the pups departed La Verne for Vacaville, CA. The Nuttree Airport was VERY busy today. They had a Mustang plane & car show event. I was able to get a Pass early in the morning so I could park at the airport. I was there a half hour early as anxious to meet the pilot as I was anxious to meet the dogs. They were scheduled to arrive at 1:00pm. Unfortunately, one of the planes from the airshow blew a tire and ran off the runway... no one was injured. The pilot was circling the airport but was not able to land until the runway could be cleared. He decided to land at Yolo Airport to wait it out. Finally they were able to tow the plane using a Tractor (its a small airport). The 3 Terriers arrived safely to Vacavile, CA around 3pm.
Last edited by CosmoL8t on Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:17 am, edited 5 times in total.

sowens333
Zip Code: 66062
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KOJC
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Arkansas to California/West Coast

Post by sowens333 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:32 pm

Hello, I live in the Kansas City area, and could do a leg of this trip if needed.

Mombo

Post by Mombo » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:37 pm

I live in Southern CA and could provide transport from New Mexico, or Colorado to CA.

Aeromot

Post by Aeromot » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:27 am

I could also do a leg from NM or CO to SoCal.

sd177flyer

Post by sd177flyer » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:55 pm

Will be coming back to Corona, CA (So Cal) from South West Colorado on the w/e of Sep 5th or 12th. Can help with that leg. I've have transported a rescue pooch and handed him off with a wonderful couple in Colorado Springs who flies to Arkansas regularly.

CosmoL8t

Post by CosmoL8t » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:04 pm

Thank you everyone for your prompt response. I think this can work. I'd like to get in touch with that couple that flies from AR to CO. Then perhaps we can get the flight from CO to So. Cal
I'll keep checking back. Thank you for everything you do!!! You are all wonderful!!!

heylo

Post by heylo » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:49 am

Yes, thank you very much for all the volunteer flights so far.

I am the Arkansas part of this equation. I have the little ones with me for now until we can get this all set up. My grandmother actually passed leaving 4 dogs. I am keeping one of them, and my sweetie also has 2 of his own. So right now, we have 6 four-legged love buckets running around.

CosmoL8t is wonderful for offering to take the other 3 little ones, actually adopting one herself and has found a home for the other two. This is a blessing, as other family members here just do not realize how important these canines were to my grandmother. They were her babies, and I am very grateful for the offers for flights that have come in already. The dogs were staying at my grandmother's farm, as it was their home and I would go and visit and feed them every day. That is, until they started migrating down the road to where there were people. Then the little jack russell disappeared one day. That is the day we found him, gathered him up along with the other 3 ladies and brought them home.

They are now anxiously awaiting their rides to their new homes. They are good kids.

Sugar, 2yr old Terrier mix, white merle
Cindy, 2yr old Terrier mix, red
Jackie, approx 10 mo old Jack Russell

Jackie
ImageImage Cindy/Sugar

Suzie (the girl I'm keeping)
(Please excuse Sugar, she didn't realize the camera was rolling.)
Last edited by heylo on Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sowens333

Post by sowens333 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:08 pm

Any luck finding a pilot from Arkansas to Kansas City?

sowens333

Post by sowens333 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:59 am

All dogs will be traveling on Tuesday!

heylo

*FILLED* Re: Arkansas to California/West Coast

Post by heylo » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:54 am

They will actually begin their travels today by land. ;)

Thank you all sooooo much! They are going to be so happy.

Jen
Last edited by heylo on Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.