This Sunday, 2 Beagles, LVJ to 5C1, late

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
jdunham
Zip Code: 78750
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

This Sunday, 2 Beagles, LVJ to 5C1, late

Post by jdunham » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:19 pm

Number of animals being transported: 2
Breeds, weight, age: Beagle, 25-30 pounds each, adult
Health Condition: Believed to be good, one coming from shelter and one coming from temp foster to final foster
Heart worm Status: Unknown
Vaccinations: Unknown
Health Certificate: Intrastate, so not needed
Spay/Neutered: No
Special needs: None known
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties: One from Bossier City, LA, Animal Control; one coming from Saginaw, TX, animal shelter
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: San Antonio SPCA
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): Jerry Dunham, [email protected], 512-961-8398
Are you a 501c3: Yes
Additional Info/situation:

We have a Beagle that we pulled a few days ago from the Bossier City shelter and now in temp foster. MUST leave temp foster on Sunday due to two other dogs coming in from the Decatur, TX shelter.

There is a Beagle mix currently in the Saginaw, TX, shelter that we're trying to get pulled tomorrow.

Both Beagles are expected to be on a Pilots N Paws flight into LVJ arriving Sunday about 16:00, along with a couple of smaller dogs that stop there. We need to move them on to 5C1 Sunday evening. If they get stuck in Pearland I have a temp foster for one in south Houston, but would have to scramble to find something for the other. I have a request out for ground transport, but so far the only offer has been for much later in the week.

Last I looked, it appeared that we'll have good flying weather for Sunday, so I'm hopeful that even with the short notice we can get these two into rescue.

Thank you for all you do for the homeless pets.
Last edited by jdunham on Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--
Jerry Dunham
Coonhound and Foxhound Companions
Tejas Coonhound Rescue
Texas Great Dane Rescue

spaniard74
Zip Code: 77077
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KTME

Re: This Sunday, 2 Beagles, LVJ to 5C1, late

Post by spaniard74 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:52 am

Jerry,

I can help with this one. I can meet Wade at LVJ when he arrives and take the dogs to 5C1. Arrival time in San Antonio will be around 6:00 - 6:30 pm. Will there be someone there at that time to pick them up?

Regards,
Julian
Julian Sanchez
Houston Executive Airport (KTME)
1999 Cessna 182S N713PM -- Air Furs One
IFR Pilot

Squanto84
Zip Code: 77584
Foster?: Yes
Airport identifier: 3T2

Post by Squanto84 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:54 am

Just in case things don't work out with Julian, I can foster the other dog overnight until Monday evening.
Scott Bennett
Pearland, Texas (KLVJ), Southeast of Houston
IFR pilot (N4251P Maule M7-235)

jdunham

Post by jdunham » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:47 pm

Thank you, Julian! That will be wonderful!

I apologize for taking so long to respond. The front end of the transport is happening today in the Fort Worth area, and the ground transports there have fallen apart about as fast as I can patch them today. The last piece of the puzzle is one of the Beagles you'll be transporting, and I finally have someone (the third one to volunteer) on her way to the shelter to pick him up. Diesel will get the grand tour of Texas. Wade picks him up at Rockwall in the morning, and he gets to ride nearly to Shreveport before heading to Pearland to meet you. The other Beagle is coming from up near Shreveport and was originally in the Bossier City, LA, shelter.

I will arrange to have someone at 5C1 to meet you at 18:00 tomorrow. All of our volunteers in San Antonio are at an adoption event and unreachable right now, so I'll work out this evening who will meet you and let you know.

I may have your e-mail address and cell numbers in old e-mail from Wade, but it would help if you'd resend. I'll send e-mail to the whole team with everyone's contact information this afternoon, and that has to be in e-mail.

Thank you, again. I really appreciate your help!

I'd also like to thank Squanto84 for his offer of overnight foster if this doesn't work with Julian. That's comforting, since I already have a backup overnight spot for one of the Beagles, but not both.
--
Jerry Dunham
Tejas Coonhound Rescue
Texas Great Dane Rescue

spaniard74
Zip Code: 77077
Airport identifier: KTME

Post by spaniard74 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:55 pm

Disaster!! I went out for a leisure flight with a friend this afternoon and discovered an electrical problem with my plane. I'm afraid it won't be in 'flyable' condition tomorrow :(
I already called Wade and let him know about the situation.
Mechanic in the field I'm at is out for the weekend. I can try to get the plane fixed up on Monday and fly this mission Monday evening after work. I'll keep you posted with the progress.
I'm really really sorry about this. It was completely unexpected...

Sincerely,
Julian
Julian Sanchez
Houston Executive Airport (KTME)
1999 Cessna 182S N713PM -- Air Furs One
IFR Pilot

jdunham

Post by jdunham » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:24 pm

These things happen, so don't worry. The two Beagles are safe in Houston for tonight. If you see that the aircraft will be flight-worthy tomorrow evening, and you're okay with flying late, we'll get it done then. If not, just let me know and I'll work on alternatives.

Also please let me know whether you'd be okay with three dogs. There's a third one that can move if there's room. If there's not it can wait for now. The third dog is safe in a foster home.

Thanks!
--
Jerry Dunham
Tejas Coonhound Rescue
Texas Great Dane Rescue

jdunham

Post by jdunham » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:01 pm

Julian had electrical problems, and Scott Bennett has jumped in to help. The Beagles will be airborne this evening.

Many thanks to both Julian and Scott for their efforts on behalf of these two homeless Beagles!
--
Jerry Dunham
Tejas Coonhound Rescue
Texas Great Dane Rescue

jdunham

Post by jdunham » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:15 pm

This transport was completed Monday evening. I think this was Scott's first PnP flight, and he was a great help to these two dogs.
--
Jerry Dunham
Tejas Coonhound Rescue
Texas Great Dane Rescue

Squanto84
Zip Code: 77584
Foster?: Yes
Airport identifier: 3T2

Post by Squanto84 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:14 pm

Yes, It was my first transport, and I definitely learned a lot. Thanks for the help and encouragement from everyone, especially Wade Roberts. It was 11PM by the time I arrived in Boerne, and about 1:45AM when we returned back to Pearland. Thank you Joellen for taking the picture:
Scott Bennett
Pearland, Texas (KLVJ), Southeast of Houston
IFR pilot (N4251P Maule M7-235)