New pilot here!

A place for pilots to chat and exchange information about their planes, flying, transports, etc....

New pilot here!

Postby Charlie Baggett on Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:37 am

Hey everybody!

My name is Charlie. I'm a pilot based out of California (both Northern and Southern). I'm a single, multi and instrument rated pilot and I'll have my Commercial single & multi certificates by the end of this month. I was doing my pre-flight in Paso Robles this morning when I saw two aircraft pull up on the transient ramp in front of me. I sort of watched them just to see what they were doing. Then, they brought out two kennels with a few adorable puppies inside of them. I dropped what I was doing and walked over to get a better look. They then told me about Pilots N' Paws and I became extremely excited. I was given a brochure after playing with the puppies a little bit and then carried on with my flight back to Riverside.

I've done a lot of work for the Animal Rescue Foundation and I'm good friends with The LaRussa family and I immediately sent Elaine LaRussa a message telling her about my encounter this morning and she was ecstatic. She told me that she knows of Pilots N' Paws and she is a huge fan of the organization. I have four chihuahuas and another mutt-type dog (not quite sure what she is, haha) and three of them are rescues. I guess you could say I have a heart for these little people...

So, as soon as I got home, I signed up and I can't wait to start contributing to such a great cause. If anybody is based anywhere in Southern or Norther California and you need a co-pilot for your journey, I'd love to come along!

See you all in the skies,

Charlie.
Charlie Baggett

Re: New pilot here!

Postby mikegreen on Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:43 pm

welcome!
-----
Cessna 182RG, IFR
Based KMGY, Dayton, OH
mikegreen

Return to "Pilot Talk"