Kansas City, KS 66106 to Debuque, IA, for Ridgeback DONE!

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
jnridgebck

Kansas City, KS 66106 to Debuque, IA, for Ridgeback DONE!

Post by jnridgebck » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:43 pm

Jeter needs a ride from a shelter in Oklahoma City to his forever home in Madison, WI. I can get him to Kansas City this Thursday evening (Aug 20) and I have a place for him to stay until Sunday if necessary. I also have transportation arranged from Debuque IA to Madison Wisconson. I really just need the middle portion of the trip.

If Kansas City to Debuque is too far, KC to Des Moines would be a big help too.

Jeter is with Ridgeback Rescue Inc. He is a 2 year old neutered male Ridgeback who has been fully vetted and is parasite free. He can ride uncrated and is an easy traveler. Jeter likes kids and most other dogs. He is a friendly boy.

If you can help, please contact me at or you can PM me on this board.

Thanks,
Ragan Kimbro
Last edited by jnridgebck on Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

staylor4
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KGPH
Distance willing to fly one way: 50

Re: Kansas City, KS 66106 to Debuque, IA, 52002 for Ridgeback

Post by staylor4 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:23 pm

PIck me! I am a retired pilot in Kansas City, Missouri, with a plane based at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas. I could transport Jeter from Kansas City to Dubuque, Iowa (the middle portion of the transport) any time from Thursday to Sunday.
Sam

jnridgebck

Post by jnridgebck » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:38 am

What great news!!!!! You made my Monday! I have to go to work now and may not be able to access this website but will try to get the details worked out this evening. Please tell me what airport would be convienent for you so I can work on finding someone to meet you with him.

Thanks so much!!!!

Ragan

staylor4

Post by staylor4 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:07 pm

I would suggest Dubuque Regional Airport (DBQ). Right now the long-range forecast makes Saturday the best day of the three to fly, with Sunday as a backup. It will take me roughly between 2 1/2 and 3 hours to fly up there.
Sam
Cell: (816) 585-2697

jnridgebck

Post by jnridgebck » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:37 pm

Hi Stan,
Still working on the Kansas City to Leavenworth Airport section but am very confident I will get it filled tomorrow. The Debuque pickup is set.

Could we make a plan for Saturday morning?

Also would you be able to handle two dogs on this trip?

I have two Ridgebacks that need to go to Debuque. 1 male, 1 female, both altered. They get along very well! They are comfortable riding uncrated in the backseat of my compact car and just went to sleep when I took them from the shelter to the vet today.

I can provide crates if you would be more comfortable. Just let me know. I will give you a call when I get the plans for KC to LV finalized.

Thank you!

Ragan

staylor4

Post by staylor4 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:59 pm

Hi Ragan,

I live at the far north side of Kansas City, Missouri, about 3 miles south of the international airport, and drive 22 miles west to Fort Leavenworth, Kansas where my plane is hangared. It is an Army garrison and a bit difficult for a non-military person to get onto (automobile searches/delays/etc.). I'm retired navy so I can drive through the security gate with ease. It would be no problem for me to pick up the dogs at an agreed location on the north side of Kansas City, and I could then transport them in my pickup to the airport at Fort Leavenworth and put them in the plane and be on my way to Dubuque.

As an 'agreed location' I'd suggest the Sinclair gas station/convenience store located at the southeast corner of I-29 and NW 72nd Street at I-29 exit 6.

I can carry two Ridgebacks with no problem by removing the co-pilot seat and placing one in the back seat and the other on the floor next to me.

Saturday morning is fine. I could meet someone as early as 7:00 a.m. No need for crates in that they are gentle dogs.
If possible please see that they'have collars with a small ring that I can clip leashes onto.

I just checked the weather and Saturday is till looking good.

SAM

rms337

Post by rms337 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:49 pm

Not to interfere with already set plans, but I just wanted to throw out an offer. I travel frequently between Dallas and Rockford, IL. I have a trip scheduled for this Friday (Aug 21st), leaving in the morning. I would be willing to pick up Jeter in OKC and drop him in Madison, which is only a few minutes north of Rockford by plane. I could have him up there Friday afternoon.

I have a Saratoga SP. It's just me and my wife, so lots of room for him.

Let me know what you think.

Rick

jnridgebck

Post by jnridgebck » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:52 pm

Rick--Thank you for the very nice offer! I just couldn't pull it together for Friday but we do appreciate the offer!

It looks like the dogs are going to KC on Thursday and then on to Debuque on Saturday with Sam. I spoke with him on the phone this evening and we have a plan put together.

Just wanted to post a quick update!

Ragan

admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by admin » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:10 pm

staylor4 wrote:PIck me! I am a retired pilot in Kansas City, Missouri, with a plane based at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas. I could transport Jeter from Kansas City to Dubuque, Iowa (the middle portion of the transport) any time from Thursday to Sunday.
Sam
Sam, I laughed out loud when I read this, your enthusiasm is contagious! Thanks for the chuckle and for keeping this fun!!

Debi

staylor4

Post by staylor4 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:35 pm

Hi Debi,
And the best part is--she picked me!
Sam