SENIOR SAMOYED /FURBIE/ OTTAWA, OHIO - MILWAUKEE, WISCONSIN

Heartwarming photos and videos of our rescued friends.
glacier

SENIOR SAMOYED /FURBIE/ OTTAWA, OHIO - MILWAUKEE, WISCONSIN

Post by glacier » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:10 pm

TRANSPORT COMPLETED TODAY! (8/12/09) A huge thank you to Eddy Huffman and Veterinarian Heidi Jahn of Racine, Wisconsin. Eddy and Heidi flew round trip today and Furbie is now in Milwaukee with Playing Again Sams Samoyed Rescue (PAS) of Milwaukee. We are pretty sure that Furbie has a new home already. In honor of his pilot, Furbie will be renamed Eddie. This was also Eddy's first mission for Pilots N Paws. A job well done, Eddy!! The morning started out with some fog, so Eddy's departure was delayed, but when the fog lifted, he and Heidi were on their way. Per Eddy, Furbie was a great flyer and eagerly jumped into his plane and went into the crate and was very quiet and peaceful the whole trip. At one point, Eddy asked Heidi what "he was doing" and she replied, "I think he's reading a book"! He also sat and looked out the window for a while. He was a natural flyer! I can't thank you enough for helping to save this beautiful boy's life and a big thank you to Maria with PAS for taking him into your rescue. You are all Angels! Below are photos of Furbie. He had been shaved a couple of weeks ago, due to having been neglected by his previous owner and was extremely matted. Let's all keep paws crossed that his coat grows back in by the time the snow falls.
Big Hug to all Involved.......Eddy and Heidi, Maria and Scott (from PAS), Mike (the Warden in Ottawa) and Dina (Pet Pals Rescue) in Ohio, and of course, this great website, that without, this probably would not have happened for Furbie.
Lynn Sun Valley, Idaho
FURBIE 5.JPG
Pilot Eddy Huffman, Veterinarian Heidi Jahn and Furbie
FURBIE 5.JPG (167.63 KiB) Viewed 647 times
]FURBIE 7.JPG[/attachment]
FURBIE 6.JPG
ACO Warden Mike and Furbie
FURBIE 6.JPG (142.45 KiB) Viewed 646 times
Attachments
FURBIE 7.JPG
Warden Mike, Pilot Eddy and Furbie
FURBIE 7.JPG (155.27 KiB) Viewed 645 times

glacier

Re: SENIOR SAMOYED /FURBIE/ OTTAWA, OHIO - MILWAUKEE, WISCONSIN

Post by glacier » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:42 pm

FURBIE UPDATE: I'm so happy to report, that as of Mon, August 17, Furbie is now in his forever home and has 4 other furry siblings. Yeah Furbie! He has already gone to work with his new dad, Marc. Also has gone to the dog park and around town. He is a very lucky boy! Thanks again to everyone for making this happen for Furbie (who is also now named Eddie, in honor of the pilot that flew round trip for him) and it was also Eddy's first PNP trip. Scott and family, thank you for fostering Furbie until he went to Marc's and Warden Mike for taking such good care of Furbie and getting him to the airport. How exciting for everyone involved. He is in a very loving home. Everyone says that Furbe/Eddie is an absolutely wonderful boy! When Marc heard of Furbie ,when I first posted for him, he just knew that Furbie was meant to be with his family. Somethings we "just know". Again, thanks to PNP for this great website. Lynn Sun Valley, Idaho