dog with diabetes

The purpose of this forum is NOT to post or coordinate transports but to mentor those who would like to learn how to utilize the "Ride Board: Animals Needing Transport" features. Volunteer mentors will do their best to answer your questions and share their knowledge and experience.

dog with diabetes

Postby Dldaq on Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:45 am

Hi,

I have been fostering a dog who has diabetes(and is deaf and was blind but my rescue did cataract surgery) She has an approved adopter in Houston, TX and I am located in Pittsburgh PA. Because it really will take a special person to adopt my foster, Lacey, because of all her medical issues, I would like to try to make this happen for her. My question is HOW I would be able to transport as Lacey gets her insulin shots every 12 hours. It sounds like there can not be a guarantee that she would only be in transport for under 12 hours.

Any ideas or help?
Dldaq

Re: dog with diabetes

Postby deeogee1 on Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:18 am

Yes-there are no guarantees between weather or unforeseen mechanical issues.
At just under 1000 nm, you would need 4(+/-) pilots and most likely an overnight foster. So in your request you would need to specify that those involved are able to administer the insulin.

I would also suggest contacting PAART http://pittrescue.org since they do some flights for PNP and may have some advice regarding a transport of this length.

I do hope you can make this happen. I have seen many times where pilots are so willing to go that extra mile to help "special" pets get home.

Joanne
deeogee1
PNP Transport Advisor

Return to Rescues, Do You Have a Question about How to Request a Transport? Ask it Here!