This transfer was successfully completed

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
TahoeLegend

This transfer was successfully completed

Post by TahoeLegend » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:19 pm

Well trained, small Border Collie female (approx 30 pounds) has been adopted by party in Denver. Has all vet and medical records up to date and prepared for travel.

The adopting party will meet the plane at Rocky Mountain Metropolitan airport, or any other airport in Denver that is convenient to pilot.

I will have the dog at the Bartlesville, Oklahoma airport at any time convenient to pilot.

Phone: 415-839-6022, E-mail: [email protected]
Last edited by TahoeLegend on Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rwmered
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Border Collie needs lift from Bartlesville Okla to Denver

Post by rwmered » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:55 am

I am available to fly a first leg for this rescue and would suggest from Bartlesville OK (KBVO) to Scott City KS (KTQK) to Denver CO (KBJC - Rocky Mountain Metropolitan). I'm also aware that the Bartlesville SPCA is planning a mass transport the early part of September to CO and would suggest that this transport for the Border Collie could include some extras from that transport or additional animals since there is a limit on how many can be shipped at one time with ground transport. Depending on the size of crates I could fly several additional passengers including the Border Collie. There is a PNP pilot based at KBJC so maybe you can get him on board to help with the second leg.

Thanks,
Ross Meredith
Ross Meredith
Cherokee Dakota (N828JM)

TahoeLegend

Post by TahoeLegend » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:47 am

Thanks, Ross.

I have a pilot, Gregory Gempler (email: [email protected]) who said he could pick up the relay at Colby, Kansas on the 25th or 26th . Is that as convenient as Scott City?

I'm on my way to the SPCA right now and I will arrange for more dogs depending on how many Gregory can handle.

(Saturday PM) Just back from the SPCA. They can have additional dogs ready for either the 25th or 26th if it turns out the Gregory can handle more than one. All they need to know is how many.

TahoeLegend

Post by TahoeLegend » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:07 pm

Ross, I got this email today from Greg. He can go either day and can carry two medium crates or three small. Do you have a preference as to whether it is Tuesday or Wednesday?

"Hi Jack,

Either day is fine with us. We can accomodate two crates if they are "medium" or three if they are "small". Also, any city near 1 1/2 or so flying time of Denver is fine as well.

Greg and Sharon

rwmered

Post by rwmered » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:13 pm

Jack, I would prefer Tuesday (8/25) as it looks like there may be weather moving into western Kansas for Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday. I would plan on leaving Bartlesville sometime between 8 am - 8:30 am arriving Colby around 10:30 am - 10:45 am depending on the winds aloft. I also have room for two medium or three small crates so however you can work that out with the SPCA would be fine with me. We will need to call Greg when I take off from Bartlesville so he'll have an idea of when to expect me in Colby so if you can get his contact phone number, plane description and tail number that will be great. Let him know I fly a Piper Cherokee Dakota, white with red and blue stripes, tail number N828JM. As a reminder, the other passengers besides the Border Collie will need their paperwork also.

Ross
Ross Meredith
Cherokee Dakota (N828JM)

TahoeLegend

Post by TahoeLegend » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:31 pm

Ross, sent the following email to Greg. Will email his info to you as soon as I get it:

"Greg, looks like Tuesday will work the best.

I need a contact phone number, plane discription, and tail number to give to Ross, the other pilot. He will call you on takoff from Bartlesville, (between 8:00 and 8:30 AM), but expects to be in Colby at approximately 10:30-10:45 AM on Tuesday."

rwmered

Post by rwmered » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:51 pm

Jack, I just sent you an email so you would have my email address to send me the info from Greg.

Thanks,
Ross
Ross Meredith
Cherokee Dakota (N828JM)

TahoeLegend

DONE--This transfer was successfully completed

Post by TahoeLegend » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:34 pm

This transfer was successfully completed thanks to Ross and Greg.

Zephyr the Border Collie is enjoying her new home.