I Want To Help

A place for pilots to chat and exchange information about their planes, flying, transports, etc....

I Want To Help

Postby jnindel on Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:46 am

I saw the article in today's USA Today.

I have two loves: dogs and planes. I would love to be involved with flying your pets. I am not a pilot, although I took many hours of flying lessons many years ago. I live in Fairfax, Va, part-time, and in St. Augustine, Florida (south of Jacksonville) part-time, commuting between the two each month.

Is there some way that I can fly with the pilots who transport these pets? Perhaps I could help pay for fuel, in addition to volunteering my time? I am mostly available on weekends.

Thank you. James Nindel

jamesnindel@mac.com
jnindel

Re: I Want To Help

Postby ccameron on Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:24 pm

Hi James,

Thanks for getting involved! There are many ways to help:

1. Assist in ground transport of animals (actually picking up and driving animals)
2. Offer assistance to local pilots with transport (flying) (contact them directly from the home page of PNP and ask if they need/want help with trip)
3. Donate money to the organization (send money! ahahahahhaha!)
4. Help coordinate rescues of animals (arrange logistics, make posts to the boards, etc)

Please feel free to call me anytime if you care to discuss further. Otherwise, welcome to the club and get your hands dirty!

Craig Cameron
901-219-8830
ccameron

Postby Jplumbob on Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:41 am

I feel the same. I am not a pilot but I am a mechanic A&P holder. Would love to fly with the pilot or something else to assist. Live in the Youngstown Ohio area and work at Cleveland/Hopkins. :D

Joe Plummer
Jplumbob

Postby spacer on Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:46 pm

I'm not sure if this is entirely accurate -vis a vie- the charity status of the flights, but
you may pay for up to half of the actual flight costs without running afoul of FAA regs
regarding the pilot flying for hire.
Our Cherokee 180 goes for $100/hour wet, so if you were flying with me, it'd be pretty easy.
$50/hour can be contributed by a single passenger. That would be, in my opinion, a great
way to increase the amount of time and distance a pilot can help these critters.

Also, I can see where an extra pair of helping hands could help a lot.
spacer

Return to "Pilot Talk"