Brock’s Kids Corner Facts and Ideas
Below are some amazing Pilots N Paws rescue facts, as well as animal safety information, and ways to raise money to help animals.
Amazing Pilots N Paws Facts
- Pilots N Paws has rescued nearly 150,000 animals since 2008!
- Pilots N Paws includes nearly 6,000 volunteer private pilots!
- Pilots N Paws rescued over 500 animals in one-single day!
- Pilots N Paws has even transported a snake, a bear cub & a dolphin!
- Be calm around animals. No jumping, screaming, yanking tails, pulling fur, or poking eyes.
- Never sneak up on an animal. Approach from the side.
- Never approach any animal, even your own, when he or she is eating, sleeping, chewing on a toy.
- Always pet an animal gently. No pulling or tugging, and never from behind.
- Ask the owner before petting an animal that you don’t know.
- Remember that animals have feelings!
Pilots N Paws Fundraising Ideas – Things you can do to Help Save the Animals
- Set up a bake sale
- Instead of gifts for your birthday or other special events, ask for donations to be given to Pilots N Paws in your name
- In the summer, stay cool and sell lemonade at a lemonade stand or at a sporting event, like your little sister’s or brother’s soccer game
- In the winter, stay warm and sell hot chocolate at a sporting event, like your little brother’s or sister’s hockey game
- Hold a garage sale and donate the proceeds to Pilots N Paws
- Earn some money for Pilots N Paws by helping your parents out by doing extra chores around the house
- For one month, at the end of each day, empty the change that mysteriously accumulates in your pockets or backpack and donate it to Pilots N Paws
Did you Know?
- Your dog knows you first by smell!
- Dogs don’t enjoy being hugged as much as humans.
- Your dog’s hearing is five times better than yours!