Volunteer Request! help drive rescue dogs from Chicago to Toronto, October 31

Support such as ground transport, temp foster, promotional material, web help...
laurenlee
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Volunteer Request! help drive rescue dogs from Chicago to Toronto, October 31

Post by laurenlee » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:54 pm

Hello! This is a long shot but I'm hoping you can help! I am adopting a Desi dog from India who was abandoned at a storefront at 2 months old because her previous owners found out she wasn't a purebred Labrador .I'm a health researcher working and living in Vancouver, BC and I am SO excited to welcome her and give her the happy and healthy life she deserves. We were finally able to make arrangements for her to come to the Lower Mainland, along with 5 other rescued Desi Dogs, to reach their new homes in the area for November 1. We've arranged for a volunteer to travel from Delhi to Chicago (arrive October 30) and then drive from Chicago to Toronto on the 31st so they can catch their flight from Toronto to Vancouver the morning of November 1st. Unfortunately, our volunteer was recently diagnosed with Dengue and has fallen quite ill, not sure how he will hold up for all of the travelling. He is hoping he will be able to make it but someone to help for the drive form Chicago to Toronto would make the biggest difference. With that, I am wondering if you know anyone who could volunteer to join the drive from Chicago to Toronto on October 31st so the 6 dogs can make their early morning November 1 flight we would all be SO grateful! I know this is a big ask but if you know anyone or can share amongst organizations, I'd really appreciate it