We need a Christmas Miracle!

Just ask! Volunteer mentors are here to share their knowledge and experience.
spacewolfie82
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

We need a Christmas Miracle!

Post by spacewolfie82 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:45 pm

I know this is probably not a question you get often, and to ask here means I am at the end of my rope, but here goes.....
Gender is hidden, as there is pending litigation in what is going on.
My wheelchair-bound sibling is currently homeless in Antioch, CA. I have finally gotten a stable place for them to go here in Southern Illinois, but all the companies that do transport told them they have to give up their service animal, and leave it. They have had seizures for as long as I can remember, and needs the dog, but no one is willing to let them take the dog unless they contact the now deceased person who trained the dog out of Oklahoma, and send the info to THEIR NONEXISTENT address all the paperwork stating she is for seizures, and not a "comfort animal". When confronted by Homeward Bound that they were in violation of the ADA, now Amtrak won't transport them. Greyhound does not transport anyone with any animal whatsoever, so they are stuck with flights, which we hopelessly cannot afford. We either have to put my sibling on a bus, and find a way to transport the service animal (and possibly put my sibling's life at risk), or find people with kind enough hearts to transport them both here so they can have a warm home for Christmas. I was wondering what can we do for them, they have been homeless for over 2 years, they have lost their check (even though they are wheelchair bound!) and they have a 2 1/2 year wait in California for appeal. Here they have guaranteed housing, funds, and their appeal will be held in 2 months max.

I just need to know what we can do to get them home and let them have their service dog. Please help. We need a Christmas Miracle.