Help me rescue my Marine son’s beloved cats!

Just ask! Volunteer mentors are here to share their knowledge and experience.
VeroAlatorre
Zip Code: 80111
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Help me rescue my Marine son’s beloved cats!

Post by VeroAlatorre » Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:03 pm

Hi, I will try to be brief:
My son is a Marine, was just relocated to San Diego from Albany GA, were he was stationed. He just have to give away his 2 rescue cats: Kwasi and Chloe to the Humane Society of Albany GA. He absolutely love them and didnt wanted to leave them behind, but he will be deployed and thought was unfair for his kitties to leave them for a year or so.
Last I knew was that he was going to fly them to San Diego, but came to be to expensive and anyways, he didnt knew what or how to care for them during this deployment (he didnt knew he was going to leave his cats when he adopted them). He gave them a great life and yesterday, one night before leaving for San Diego, I got the news that he had to leave them behind. I saw my son cry....I lost it, for him and for the cats that also love him so much. His sister and I would be able to take them until is decided if the cats stay w her or w me, she lives in NC and would make the drive to Albany, but she is 38 weeks pregnant (and she is a pediatric ICU RN) and still working until next week.
I live in Denver CO l, I am a Nurse Assistant and can not make arrangements for moving the cats w such a short notice. I will take my son cats (I have an elderly Boston Terrier but we will manage). I had little sleep last night trying to figure out how to get Kwasi and Chleo back. My son has given away many things in life and had some losts too, and I have not seen him cry in a long time.
He was just awarded NCO Marine of the year for two years in a row in his Marine station, in Albany GA. This was a promotion and also a deployment commitment. He will oversee the supplies for two ships of deployed Marines. He deserve to know that his cats have a family w his own family and that after his cats will be there when he comes back from deployment. He should have tell us that last minute he had to change plans and that he didnt had enough money to fly them, but he didnt wanted to “burden” anyone. Please, if you have ideas of how to arrange this or what to do, help me to get my son’s cats back.
I called to the Humane Society in Albany and tgey will hold them until next weekend so I can figure out how to bring them.

deeogee1
PNP Transport Advisor
Zip Code: 46254
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Help me rescue my Marine son’s beloved cats!

Post by deeogee1 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:30 pm

This probably too late to help you out, but if not go to viewtopic.php?f=13&t=62121 to see if she can help.