Nassau Bahamas Dogs Needs Tansport to US Rescues

Just ask! Volunteer mentors are here to share their knowledge and experience.
Kbhallberg
Zip Code: 92399
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Nassau Bahamas Dogs Needs Tansport to US Rescues

Post by Kbhallberg » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:26 pm

Hello,

I unfortunately don't have a plane or license, but I follow a lady name Chella and she runs the Voiceless Dogs of Nassau. She takes in the sickest most abused street dogs and nurses them to health. She currently has over 100 dogs with lots being vetted to be adopted. Are there any pilots that fly there and may be able to fly some back to your origination. And then I can find a rescue in your area to take the dogs whether it be 1 or 10. Anything will help. If you are interested in learning more about her, she saved over 100 dogs during the hurricane and us features as TIMES 100 people. But she needs transport for these dogs out of the Bahamas.

Thank you,

Katie Hallberg

mikegreen
Zip Code: 80204
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KBJC
Distance willing to fly one way: 75

Re: Nassau Bahamas Dogs Needs Tansport to US Rescues

Post by mikegreen » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:37 am

Your best bet is to post a trip request with specifics. Pilots usually aren't looking here, but instead get notified when a nearby request is posted.

We don't have non-US zipcodes in our system but I am happy to try to put one in so you can make a trip request.
Does the Bahamas use zipcodes? Or any 5 digit number/letter like the US?

All that said - not much flying is occuring right now, so could be a while before people are taking hops back and forth to the islands.
---
Mike
part time forum, maps, and web server jockey with occasional flying