2 Advisors here to help

Just ask! Volunteer mentors are here to share their knowledge and experience.
Jenn

Re: 2 Advisors here to help

Post by Jenn » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:41 pm

Hi. My name is Jenn. Jennifer Weinshenker Lieto. I have a Traumatic Brain Injury and Deficits in mobility and vision. I have an amazing Akita Service Dog and her name is Coco. She is 8.5 years old and we have been partners for many years. Coco recently developed a neurological disorder and her hind legs are beginning to go lame. She is still wonderful but going anywhere with stairs is out now. Too dangerous for both of us to walk down them.

I have a medical prescription from my RIC doctor. And a male Akita with an exceptionally sweet temperament in need of rescue came to my attention. I am an Akita trainer and help people in an Akita group to train their Akitas, alongwith several other Admins. Well, a few months ago I sent out word about Coco and people have been on the look out for a good dog. We found one. I have adopted him. However, he is living with a foster in Georgia. I am not allowed to drive at night or on fast roads. Only in good weather to close by places. I do know people and have family that could drive me a little further but not sure if I can find people who would be able to go all of the way to Georgia. Originially, I thought that was not going to be a problem. Someone told me about your program and I am hoping a pilot is able to help me get Kumo here.

I live close to Midway Airport in Chicago and another small airport called the Joliet Regional Airport. I can get there too.

I don't know what kind of information you may need but I have contact people and the rescue that saved Kumo's life and the foster and the Vet who has given him care. All I need to know is if someone can help me and what do I need to do next. Thank you very much. This is a great program. And I would be so grateful if someone would be able to help me.

deeogee1
PNP Transport Advisor
Zip Code: 46254
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by deeogee1 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:38 pm

On the Board Index Page, where you found this forum, you will also see a forum titled:
Ride Board: Animals Needing Transport.
1. Click on that forum and open it.
2. On upper left of page you will see NEW TOPIC, click on that because your request is new.
3. Have sending and receiving zip codes on hand along with all the pertinent information about the animals and contacts
4. Fill in the subject line, zip codes, answer ALL the pre-launched questions in the form
5. Scroll down and click on Submit, your request is now posted.

You can log in and check your request every day on the board buy clicking on and opening your post and looking for any replies from pilots. You can aso receive an automated email if anyone at all replies to any of your posts. You can read that email and follow the instructions their, clicking on the link they provide for you to take you directly to the message. To sign up for automated notification, mark the "notify me when a reply is posted" in the blue option box below before submitting your request.
Good luck!

You will also find much info here. faq.php?mode=rescue

Vincefleming

Post by Vincefleming » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:54 pm

Hi Advisors! :)

I just joined, and this is great - thanks for helping organize Pilots N Paws!

I need a long distance transport - Idaho to New Jersey. It's pretty obvious that 2300 miles is a lot longer than typical, but I'll ask: Have any long-distance trips like this been done? Is it even possible?

Off the top of my head, 2300 miles would take about 8 flights @ 300 miles each. That's a lot to coordinate, so I'm not too hopeful, but I have to ask!

Thanks,
Vince

deeogee1
PNP Transport Advisor

Post by deeogee1 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:45 pm

Vince, you're right that trip this long is too long to be successful. You'd need a foster in place at each stop to account for issues with weather mechanical issues as well as pilot availability.
You would be better off flying the dog commercially or using a ground transport company.

Joanne

rjstulsau

Post by rjstulsau » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:11 am

Hi,
My name is Richard Shaughnessy and my family and i live in Tulsa, OK. We are trying to adopt a Formosan Mountain Dog being flown into San Francisco and ready to be shipped on Nov 28th or 29th. We are going through a rescue organization in San Francisco, Love and Second Chance rescue.
They referred me to this site to look for help to find transport from San Francisco to Tulsa, OK, or to the closest airport within reasonable driving distance.
Can you help me to sort my way thru the pilot and paws site to see if we can find transport somehow?
Thank you so much. My email is [email protected] or phone is 918-230-3908.
THANK YOU,
Richard

deeogee1
PNP Transport Advisor

Post by deeogee1 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:20 pm

Richard:
On the Board Index Page, where you found this forum, you will also see a forum titled:
Ride Board: Animals Needing Transport.
1. Click on that forum and open it.
2. On upper left of page you will see NEW TOPIC, click on that because your request is new.
3. Have sending and receiving zip codes on hand along with all the pertinent information about the animals and contacts
4. Fill in the subject line, zip codes, answer ALL the pre-launched questions in the form
5. Scroll down and click on Submit, your request is now posted.

You can log in and check your request every day on the board buy clicking on and opening your post and looking for any replies from pilots. You can aso receive an automated email if anyone at all replies to any of your posts. You can read that email and follow the instructions their, clicking on the link they provide for you to take you directly to the message. To sign up for automated notification, mark the "notify me when a reply is posted" in the blue option box below before submitting your request.
Good luck!

You will also find much info here. faq.php?mode=rescue

sassione

Post by sassione » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:19 pm

I am looking for a way to get a dog from Jackson, MI to Bellingham, WA. From what I read on some of the posts, this may be too long for the volunteer pilots. Is there any other way to get him out there? In mapping it, it would take 33 hours to drive and I don't think he'd do well with that long of a trip. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Willywaw

Post by Willywaw » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:45 am

Hi,

I'm trying to bring a dog from Indianapolis to RI. I posted on Friday and initially got great reponse with offers from western PA to RI, but have stalled on the 1st leg out of Indiana. I private messaged pilots in that area but my messages seem stuck in my "outbox" not shown as "sent"? What does that mean?

Thank you,

Oh, and if you have any leads in IN they would be greatly appreciated!

Ashley

Doggymomma

Post by Doggymomma » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:05 am

Hi,

My name is Jeanette. I am new to the bulletin board. I am trying to figure out a transport. When I look at the volunteer map, there are yellow circles with numbers. I am wondering what that means as I did not find it in the key. Also, are the blue circles pilots?

Sorry to seem so clueless.

Thank you.

mikegreen
Zip Code: 80204
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KBJC
Distance willing to fly one way: 75

Post by mikegreen » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:46 pm

Jeanette - the circles are simply grouping volunteer icons together. You'll need to click on them/zoom in to see the details.

A legend is in the lower left corner.

Side note on this rather large thread - I'm going to lock it as right now it sends email notifications to nearly 150 people when someone replies.. some that haven't been logged in for quite some time.

If you or anyone needs more info, just make a new topic from here https://pilotsnpaws.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=22
---
Mike
part time forum, maps, and web server jockey with occasional flying