Getting Started: Where You Can Look For Information

Just ask! Volunteer mentors are here to share their knowledge and experience.
KLCNM

Re: Getting Started: Where You Can Look For Information

Post by KLCNM » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:44 am

Hello,
There is a yorkshire terrier in a high-kill shelter in Monroe, LA that I want to adopt. Currently, he is "on-hold" in hopes his family will come and pick him up. He is going to be released on Monday 8/21/17 for adoption. I live in Polk City, FL and would be willing to travel part of the distance or whatever is required to get this little guy home. I am not sure where to even start to get assistance as I am sure I would need a foster to pick him up for me in Monroe, LA. I believe in miracles and any assistance you can provide or direction would be so appreciated.
Thank you so much,
Kelly DiNapoli

admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by admin » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:27 pm

Madeline, we went in and changed you to a non pilot and deleted the miles willing to fly. To post a request for a pilots help, PLEASE read all the FAQ's at the top of each page of this forum board (it shows as a life ring icon) before asking. Pilots have distance, weight and weather limitations and everyone requesting their assistance needs to learn if the request they are making is reasonable or beyond a small plane pilots capabilities. Here is the link to the Ride Board where you post your request for a flight.

https://pilotsnpaws.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=5

Everything on the form must be completed before hitting submit and your name, phone number and email address are publicly viewable, just FYI. When you go to the Ride Board section of this forum, open it and then click on New Topic to complete your request.

Good luck and thanks for helping

Admin

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:31 pm

Kelly, you will need to start by keeping in contact with the shelter and asking them if they have any local fosters and also if they adopt out of the area. There is a volunteer map listed at the top of each page of this forum board. You can click and define your search to look for possible foster volunteers in that area who might be able to help you should this adoption take place. Additionally, please read ALL the Rescue information under the FAQ section so you will understand what a pilot is able to assist you with regarding distance, weather and weight of the animals. Pilots are in charge of every flight they accept and will let you know by replying to your post if they can help or not. First you need to work out the details for temp foster, etc.

Good luck
Admin

MoKatMama

Post by MoKatMama » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:07 am

camille wrote:there are some small dogs in a high kill shelter in Joplin Mo. I am on long island NY.. any hope for getting some out? thanks camille
I am new, as of now, to this site. I live in southeast Missouri and we are awash in dogs and cats with no takers for homes. I would LOVE to connect with destinations that have homes available. I work with a local animal welfare group, but there are several volunteer groups in our 5 area and only one municipal shelter. So, please, where do I start with connecting with destinations for these animals?

jmpaprocki

Post by jmpaprocki » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:31 pm

I have a brown booby bird that Kritter, Inc. Wildlife Rehab acquired that needs to get from Panama City, FL to Key West, FL. This is a wild bird that will die if released here. The closest brown booby colony is in the Dry Tortugas, just south of Key West. They are on the Concerned Bird Watch List and their populations are on the decline. Is this a possibility? The Key West Wildlife Center told me about your service. Thanks!
Joan Paprocki

FloridaPei2018
Foster?: No

Post by FloridaPei2018 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:56 am

How do I change a draft that I am completed are need to post? I see view, edit and save on draft. Nothing to post.
Saving the SharPei, one dog at a time.

Islandgirl

Post by Islandgirl » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:30 pm

New to this, would like to know where to apply so I can rescue a dog for their furever home!

deeogee1
PNP Transport Advisor
Zip Code: 46254

Post by deeogee1 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:29 pm

ccalh54844

Post by ccalh54844 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:22 pm

I have found a dog in California that I would like to rescue. I was told I need a "rescue group" to get the dog out. I am in Northern NY and do not know of any group for doing that. Any suggestions? Please let me know. Thank you!

deeogee1
PNP Transport Advisor
Zip Code: 46254

Post by deeogee1 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:11 pm

I would go to one of the pet rescue sites like Petfinder or Adopt -a- Pet where you can search by zip code and try contacting groups to see if they would help. But I am wondering how you plan on transporting a dog virtually across the country?
Good luck.