USA into CAN

Just ask! Volunteer mentors are here to share their knowledge and experience.
setterrescuemom
Zip Code: 38068
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

USA into CAN

Post by setterrescuemom » Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:29 pm

Was is the current status of flying across the border with rescues? Customs and other paperwork still a huge pain?

Alissa
901-827-3563

NODAK9120
Zip Code: 58201
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KGFK
Distance willing to fly one way: 500

Re: USA into CAN

Post by NODAK9120 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:55 pm

Good Evening Alissa!

I recently flew a Pomeranian from Canada to the US. Customs on the Canadian side was a breeze, but they require 2-48 hours of notice. I called them the night before I left, and again after parking in Winnipeg. It was a super simple process in Canada; just call the number, write down a confirmation number, and welcome to Canada! The only requirement for CAN --> USA is verbal confirmation that the dog has had a rabies shot. I do not know if the CBP officer checked the health paperwork when she inspected the aircraft, but it was a very quick and easy process overall. The officers I spoke to in Canada on the phone didn't even ask if I had my COVID shot.

The main issue is finding pilots that are willing to fly into Canada. International flights require a lot more planning and preparation on the pilots end than domestic flights. However, I am sure there are more than a few pilots on this forum willing to fly to Canada!

Craig
(443) 841-4778