Advice on Transportation for international transport from Santo Domingo Dominican Republic to Miami Florida

Just ask! Volunteer mentors are here to share their knowledge and experience.
LisaF
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Advice on Transportation for international transport from Santo Domingo Dominican Republic to Miami Florida

Post by LisaF » Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:23 pm

Hi,

I am a rescuer and founder of a dog rescue from the Dominican Republic where I've lived for the past 9 years. We have saved more than 300 dogs from the streets that we have adopted to both the US and Canada and have used traditional Airlines for these International adoptions. Unfortunately, recently there has been some changes which require CDC paperwork and extra test to be done and also the fact that many airlines are no longer accepting larger dogs in cargo nor accepting snub nose breeds or mixes of these breeds. My mother-in-law was just diagnosed with cancer and my mother has fallen ill and our family finds it necessary to be able to get back to the US with our four pets that we've had for a number of years. Unfortunately I have exhausted everything I could think of to try to find a way to bring the dogs home but no one will accept them because they are mixed with a snub nose breed. We are desperate to find help in getting the dogs back to Miami Florida as soon as we can get the paperwork from the CDC..

Anyone that could possibly help either to fly the dogs from Santo Domingo to Miami or if you can recommend any other transportation means that you can think of so that we can comply with the CDC regulations we would be extremely grateful. These are our babies and it is making our family feel sick as I thought that we might have to leave them behind which in our minds is not even an option but we must get back to the US. We look forward to any advice that anyone can offer.

Thanking you in advance.